Steam Summer Sale more successful than last year: $236m vs $160m

Techicolors

Only thing I bought with my brother was Arma 3, then we noticed it's excluded from family sharing, now I return it.

Buying less and less each sale, now as flash sales are goen the sales are rather boring to me, they is usually onl 1-3 games I would be intersted to buy...

3 hours ago, nims0c said:

I believe this is to deter cheaters.

"Valve" "deter cheaters"

large.jpg

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

The main reason is likely because alot of these games arent being cracked by the major groups this year to give a test run whether cracking games will really hurt sales. 

As the number shows, it did go up?

Cant say the games are great though?

Honestly I spent about 120 canadian in a day and didn't look back. Last year was a lot of deliberation and not even 50 spent over the whole sale. So I believe it. Not sure why but this time there was great advertising for games that I wanted to play and ones I hadn't heard of that interested me. Must be some market research at work. GG Steam.

Never bought a thing this Steam sale, which is new for me. With the Canadian dollar being worth less and the sale prices not being as high, I never really saw any great deals on any of the games I might be interested in.

No AUD prices yet, since our dollar went to 74c USD it's been too difficult to justify even $30-40 USD games.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Hmm, would be interesting to see how reliable these numbers are, because personally i thought this summer sale was much much worse compared to the rest. But I like the fact that there were no 8h flash sales.

I spent about £85 which is around 110 USD but that should be my games for a while, couple of months atleast xD 

My PC: I7 4770 (3.4Ghz)

32Gb Corsair Xms3 DDR3

Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti

Asus Z87-A Motherboard

Samsung 120gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Aerocool Xpredator Evil Black

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8502026

7 hours ago, cesrai said:

"Valve" "deter cheaters"

large.jpg

I didn't say it was successful... Prime Matchmaking is another example.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

Because DOOM, XCOM 2 and so forth are excellent games of 2016, that just so happened to be on Sale.

Groomlake Authority