Watchdog specs.. But something is different...

ALXAndy

I don't know how many of you read this article.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-future-proofing-your-pc-for-next-gen

But for those who did it will come as no surprise to see this.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/watch-dogs/PC_System_Requirements

CPU Quad core (e.g. Intel Core2 Quad Q6600, AMD Phenom X4 9750) Eight core (e.g. Intel Core i7-3770, AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core) Latest Eight core or more (e.g. Intel Core i7-3930K, AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core)

Not a good time to buy a 4670k really.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Err.... think you have typed some of those model numbers incorrectly

I copied and pasted it.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Err.... think you have typed some of those model numbers incorrectly

looks fine to me.

It supports AND recommends 8 cores... i wonder... waiting for benchmarks.

looks fine to me.

It supports AND recommends 8 cores... i wonder... waiting for benchmarks.

Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 are indicative of what you can expect but I suspect this will be how it goes in the future.

I copied and pasted it.

Well then, the 3770 and 3930K are 4 and 6 core chips respectively, not eight cores. As far as I know, the only Intel CPUs that have eight cores are Xeons, the server-grade line.

Aerocool Strike-X Case * Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Motherboard * Intel Core i7 2600K, overclocked to 3.8GHz *Corsair H80 *16GB GSkill Ripjaws X 9-9-9 1.5v 1600MHz RAM * Crucial M500 240GB SSD Boot Drive * Zotac Geforce GTX 770 4GB *Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus *OCZ ZX 1250W PSU

Well then, the 3770 and 3930K are 4 and 6 core chips respectively.

With Hyperthreading, so 8 and 12 threads. HT core is around 20-30% of a physical core so it'll definitely help like it does when encoding video ETC.

6 Core intel for Ultra specs? Holy shit that's ruff.

If games are going to start using 6/8 cores this is amazing. Intel is going to have to start releasing some 8 core cpu's to stay competitive now.

Just need my 6 core mobile chip.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

6 Core intel for Ultra specs? Holy shit that's ruff.

If games are going to start using 6/8 cores this is amazing. Intel is going to have to start releasing some 8 core cpu's to stay competitive now.

Just need my 6 core mobile chip.

There are already a handful of games out there that clearly demonstrate how an 8 core AMD CPU can work well when used properly :)

I 'upgraded' my I5 2400 to an 8320 OC and the 8 core demolishes it. I knew this was coming (I had plenty of faith in that Eurogamer article as after all, the game devs are who feed us) so I decided to go 8 cores :)

If AMD improves on the FX line while maintaining their competitive prices it looks like they could become the kings of PC gaming.

If AMD improves on the FX line while maintaining their competitive prices it looks like they could become the kings of PC gaming.

TBH the moment they secured both consoles and thus, 8 core console ports to their architecture? they had it in the bag.