New Build Old Pc Died

BradH

Well Its time for my upgrade its abit ahead of schedule my current pc finnaly bit the dust. My Thoughts are a v for vendetta themed build (black white and red) one of my fav movies so my parts are sorta based around that. The Cooler is from my old build and ill be re using the case and windows disc. My budget is around what i have listed here any opinions are appreciated.

Cpu - i7 6700k
Cooler - NH-C14s

MotherBoard - Asus Z170 Hero Viii
Ram - Corsair Vengence LPX 2666 2x8GB
Psu - Corsair Ax860i
Gpu - Gtx 1070 Msi Gaming x
Storage - Samsung 850 evo 256 gb m.2 And my old Hd

dust filters so the new one doesn't bite the dust xD

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

I would consider reinstalling Windows on the SSD and using the HDD for storage. Though it will be less work to keep windows running off the HDD, it will run noticeably faster on the SSD. Awesome build though! I think you will be very happy.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

2 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

I would consider reinstalling Windows on the SSD and using the HDD for storage. Though it will be less work to keep windows running off the HDD, it will run noticeably faster on the SSD. Awesome build though! I think you will be very happy.

thats what i was planning to do my old build was a 3770 non k and with it going pop in the middle of gaming last night i figured id upgrade and get all the stuff i couldnt before :)

1 minute ago, BradH said:

thats what i was planning to do my old build was a 3770 non k and with it going pop in the middle of gaming last night i figured id upgrade and get all the stuff i couldnt before :)

Ah ok. That will be an awesome upgrade, and with the 1070 especially you will be set for quite a while. Have fun! 

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...