Can't decide between Ark or Arma 3

c00face

Yea, title. I can't really decide between which game I want. Ark looks really good, graphic is astounding, but I heard it was just life consuming. Arma 3, looks good, graphics pretty decent, and apparently you can download mods to the game.

Opinions?

3 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

Yea, title. I can't really decide between which game I want. Ark looks really good, graphic is astounding, but I heard it was just life consuming. Arma 3, looks good, graphics pretty decent, and apparently you can download mods to the game.

Opinions?

I'd go ARMA 3.  Might be a bit biased though as I prefer Rust as a survival game.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

GPU?

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

I haven't played Arma 3, but i have played 140+ hours on ARK, but in terms of life consuming, it doesn't have to be because if you play SP you can adjust the multipliers for xp, damage, etc. And there's always commands like minecraft, but if you play on a official server it might be kinda tough unless you join a tribe.

Main PC(no name yet): CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 1700, MOBO-ASRock AB350 K4, RAM-16gb G.Skill 3000MHz, GPU-Asus Strix GTX960 2gb, CPU Cooler-Stock Cooler rn, Storage-SanDisk 512gb SSD/OCZ Agility 4 128gb SSD/2TB Toshiba, CASE-Corsair Spec-02 Redshift Edition

Laptop: HP EliteBook Folio 9470m

2 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Arma 3 has served me for well over 1000 hours and the countless amount of mods and gamemodes mean you'll never be playing the same thing. I'd say Arma 3 because of the variety of activities available to the player.

If you play the mods as a single player, is it still open world to meet new players? Or are you just playing alone?

1 minute ago, Supermangik said:

If you play the mods as a single player, is it still open world to different players to join you? Or are you just playing alone?

No, the singleplayer editor and scenarios are singleplayer only. However, you can set up online games and have your friends connect with Hamachi. You might be able to do it without Hamachi, but my buddies and I have always used Hamachi to set up servers.

Arma 3 would be my choice too, a lot more stuff to do. Still, you'll need a good CPU to play with the high settings (it will look awesome by the way)

EDIT: soon Arma 3 will get the Apex DLC, which adds a new island, if you go for the bundle, it'll be a great deal)

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

I own both.

I've got well over 1k hours in Arma 3. It offers ALOT of different games within it's platform. Just look at Arma 3 Mods. There's DayZ, Wasteland, Life, and more. 

Ark is just basically HD Minecraft with Dinos. I have almost 500 hours in Ark. I love both.

The biggest drawback for Arma is, regardless of what mod your playing in the game, it's still Arma. It's still the same buttons, its still the same everything, just skinned differently. 

The biggest drawback for Ark, is currently (just my opinion here) the Devs are more interested in stuffing Dino after Dino into the game. Not working on real issues with the game itself. Sometimes when you log in, in Ark, you fall through the floor. No biggie, takes a minute to get out.  But whats the Devs do every time they patch?  Here's MegaSuperDino and a hotfix for people with this issue that doesn't affect 90% of people. 

I'd say get Arma and enjoy it. It'll probably give you more playtime. Plus it's not an Early Access game. It's a full fledged release. Find your a mod within Arma you want to play, and enjoy it.

Just my opinion again, I feel Ark is going down the same road DayZ went down. DayZ kept giving players more and more guns. Without any real bug fixes, Ark is just giving more and more Dinos, without fixing stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

I own both.

I've got well over 1k hours in Arma 3. It offers ALOT of different games within it's platform. Just look at Arma 3 Mods. There's DayZ, Wasteland, Life, and more. 

Ark is just basically HD Minecraft with Dinos. I have almost 500 hours in Ark. I love both.

The biggest drawback for Arma is, regardless of what mod your playing in the game, it's still Arma. It's still the same buttons, its still the same everything, just skinned differently. 

The biggest drawback for Ark, is currently (just my opinion here) the Devs are more interested in stuffing Dino after Dino into the game. Not working on real issues with the game itself. Sometimes when you log in, in Ark, you fall through the floor. No biggie, takes a minute to get out.  But whats the Devs do every time they patch?  Here's MegaSuperDino and a hotfix for people with this issue that doesn't affect 90% of people. 

I'd say get Arma and enjoy it. It'll probably give you more playtime. Plus it's not an Early Access game. It's a full fledged release. Find your a mod within Arma you want to play, and enjoy it.

Just my opinion again, I feel Ark is going down the same road DayZ went down. DayZ kept giving players more and more guns. Without any real bug fixes, Ark is just giving more and more Dinos, without fixing stuff. 

Do you have to pay for the mods, or is the mods created by the community base and is free?

5 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

Do you have to pay for the mods, or is the mods created by the community base and is free?

All FREE, just download one, install it, and start game.

Some in game mods will depend on an Arma 3 expansion. That's really it. 

http://www.armaholic.com/ is the site to start at.

I have both, currently only 21 hours in Ark (bought it when it first came out) and over 300 in Arma 3. I would definitely recommend Arma 3, there are so many game modes and mods that you can have a whole lot of fun regardless of your play style.

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.5ghz | Mobo: Asus B85MG | RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: R9 390X 

SSD: Kingston 240GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W | Case: CIT Dominator + 6 Corsair AF120 Fans all around | 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master TX3 | Monitor: BenQ XL2730z 144Mhz 1440p | 

Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE | Mouse: Razer DeatherAdder Chroma

1 hour ago, GonzoPoet said:

I have both, currently only 21 hours in Ark (bought it when it first came out) and over 300 in Arma 3. I would definitely recommend Arma 3, there are so many game modes and mods that you can have a whole lot of fun regardless of your play style.

Yea, I purchased Arma 3 over Ark. For the life of me I can't figure out which key is the action key so I can heal myself. Playing the game over 30 minutes causes me to become dizzy, and there seems not a lot of players play Cooperative.

On 4. 7. 2016 at 5:08 PM, Supermangik said:

Yea, title. I can't really decide between which game I want. Ark looks really good, graphic is astounding

Opinions?

ARK runs like crap, on my PC i ran it at about 30 fps everything on low, it looks like crap also.

just get rust, the game it took inspirations from.

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 hour ago, Supermangik said:

and there seems not a lot of players play Cooperative.

not a lot of people really play coop, if you want to play coop ,play with friends or join clans ,most people play (from my experiences) , Life, EXILE, BreakingPoint, and Battleroyale casually.

also KotH and Wasteland  (all also modded)

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Arma 3. Ark sucks.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|