Gtx 1060 vs Rx 480 which is better?

tajony

Im building a computer in a couple of weeks and I have every part chosen except the graphics card, im looking at a gpu in the $200 ish range and need help deciding between the Rx 480 and the Gtx 1060. Thx

We won't know until the 1060 is in the hands of reviewers.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Wait, wait, wait, till July 7th, when NV unveils the 1060.

Power efficiency(from the leaks) looks wayyyyyy better than the RX 480, so if you're saving power, then OFC go for a 1060.

CPU i5 6600k @ 4.6GHz GPU MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G RAM 8 x 2gb DDR4-2800MHz Avexir RAM Mother Board ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Case NZXT H440 PSU Cooler Master v750 750W Storage WD 1TB Blue + Samsung 950 pro 128gb m.2 pci-e SSD Cooler Corsair H110i GTX

Monitor BenQ BL2420PT 24" 1440p 60Hz

You will have to wait for benchmarks and the aftermarket solutions of the RX 480.

better wait for the reviews bro, rumoured that it will be out on 7th of july. right now we can really say witch one is faster because one of them isn't out yet, only speculation. I don't see any aftermarket cooler rx 480 ( atleast in my country) so you better wait for those. if you live in a muslim country like me, you better wait for the 1060/aftermarket rx 480 to be out since eid al-fitr ( end of ramadhan ) is soon begin and every single tech store in my country is closed until 13th-14th july.

seeing how fast an aftermarket cooler for Nvidia 1070 and 1080 is out after the GPU is launch, i think an aftermarket cooler for rx 480 and 1060 will be out at the same time aswell.