Bridge mode help.

jaffacakes

Hello,

First of all: I have an ADSL internet service, therefore I have an all-in-one modem and router unit. This makes it so my NAT type in games is constantly strict, even though I port-forwarded. I found out that I could set my unit to bridge mode to "fix" the problem.

Are there any problems when setting it to bridge mode (such as wireless not working or other ethernet connections not functioning)?

I've already set all the IPs of my devices to a static one.

(if other info is needed please ask).

Cheers.

Basically all of your computers are exposed to the outside world in all their glory, and "should" be pulling their IP addresses from the DHCP server of your ISP, not in the device itself.  Bridge mode is nothing to take lightly if you're not highly familiar with network configuration and have some sort of firewall to protect your otherwise unprotected machines.  Additionally, many ISPs impose limits on the number of "real" IPs that they can assign to a single connection, which you may very well easily over-run if you have a couple smartphones, a computer or two, IP printer, xbox, whatever, in the house.

2 minutes ago, Mark77 said:

Basically all of your computers are exposed to the outside world in all their glory, and "should" be pulling their IP addresses from the DHCP server of your ISP, not in the device itself.  Bridge mode is nothing to take lightly if you're not highly familiar with network configuration and have some sort of firewall to protect your otherwise unprotected machines.  Additionally, many ISPs impose limits on the number of "real" IPs that they can assign to a single connection, which you may very well easily over-run if you have a couple smartphones, a computer or two, IP printer, xbox, whatever, in the house.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Guess I won't enable it then. Thanks for pointing out the risks!

And I would over-run the number of IPs if my ISP has imposed a limit.

I'll have to live with a strict NAT type, then...

Do you know by chance any way to bypass the double NAT server deal?