Is water cooling worth it, or is it just for show?

1 minute ago, Rakesh Cristoval said:

Custom loops are mostly for show but water cooling in general has it's place since most air coolers can't compete with a AIO's performance.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Custom loops are mainly just for show. AIO liquid coolers are good if you go for 240 or 280 rads. Most 120 rads perform on par with a regular air cooler like a Hyper 212.

List specs here

There is a tangible performance gain, but it's not proportional to the amount of money spent unless you're cooling something incredibly expensive that can't be made more powerful any other way (dual 1080's for example). The silence of a custom loop is what really makes it worthwhile in my opinion.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

I bought mine mostly for show and to make my PC that little bit more unique. 

For overclocking so is it worth it, as you are more likely to hit the temp limit on air then water. Specially on GPUs.

Plus the parts generally last longer if they are colder, but most people dont care as they upgrade before it becomes an issue.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

I did it mostly for the looks and the silence you can get from it.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B