Gaming and Editing Rig Help

Go to solution Solved by The Realist,
2 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

Thats a high range system not a mid system XD,great build just is that power supply a EVGA GQ if yes change that to a G2 for a little more money and you got yourself a beast :)

So I've had little to no help on this subject or i should rephrase it to not getting an answer. Here's my build I need reviewed.  http://pcpartpicker.com/list/XyGgLD

I already have a hard drive and a cpu (i7 4770 @ 3.4 ghz). I have picked the define s case due to the outstanding build quality and design. Especially the drive cages built into the cable management panel on the other side. With the ability to put large radiators and pumps in for water cooling. I've picked the gtx 1070 due to the amazing performance at 1080p and 1440p. I will be playing the witcher series so the 1070 is kind of a must unless there is a more capable card at that price range that isn't the rx 480.I do need help picking out a good kit of ram. I'll have to buy 2 kits (16gb) because I'll be doing some video editing on the rig as well. I have had some ridicule on my mobo choice but I have to stay in the lga 1150 socket family because I already have the cpu and cannot buy another one. So if anyone can help me with a mobo choice that would be fantastic. A cpu cooler seems to be fine and seems to get the job done but if anyone has another recommendation be sure to let me know. that seems to be it. Thank you guys a bunch for helping me!

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/grBnnn
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/grBnnn/by_merchant/

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($136.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($62.89 @ 

When life gives you drugs you sell them for a living.

is this a different mobo or the same? or is it another price listing? 

Get a cheaper h97/b85 mobo instead, pointless to get z97 when your cpu doesn't support overclocking.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

4 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

is this a different mobo or the same? or is it another price listing? 

It's a different one. Which is more expensive than the one you had. I don't know why @The Realist picked a more expensive one o.O

I've got the Z97 Krait, it's a great MOBO.

You could go for a cheaper H or B chipset MOBO since your CPU can't be overclocked.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Because it has more ports + i did not pick like a $500 dollar mobo @HPWebcamAble

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Get a cheaper h97/b85 mobo instead, pointless to get z97 when your cpu doesn't support overclocking.

3 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

It's a different one. Which is more expensive than the one you had. I don't know why @The Realist picked a more expensive one o.O

I've got the Z97 Krait, it's a great MOBO.

You could go for a cheaper H or B chipset MOBO since your CPU can't be overclocked.

could you link the specific board? Also would there be a point in being the z97 if i want to upgrade my cpu later down the road?

could you link the specific board? Also would there be a point in being the z97 if i want to upgrade my cpu later down the road?

Even if you did upgrade it would not be worth it since the strongest CPU you could get is a i7 4790K which is a little faster than a i7 4770

5 minutes ago, The Realist said:

i did not pick like a $500 dollar mobo @HPWebcamAble

Heh, good point

5 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Because it has more ports

Eh, what ports? They have identical IO from what I saw

6 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

Which one? (I like the Krait better because of the color scheme but it's up to you of course)

I'd get the z97, you don't save a ton (maybe $50 at the extreme). Although, the 4790k would be the best CPU you could get, which isn't a huge improvement over the 4770 (unless you overclock the 4790k)

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

4 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Woops, kinda hard to tell when MSI has to move the ports all over the place.

Yeah, the GAMING 5 has 2 extra USB 2.0 ports

2 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Woops, kinda hard to tell when MSI has to move the ports all over the place.

Yeah, the GAMING 5 has 2 extra USB 2.0 ports

Its ok everybody makes mistakes it not so big of a deal since both are good mobos but really depends what color scheme he wants to go with since they are pretty much same but the color is different,unless he really needs those 2 ports

On 7/2/2016 at 10:26 PM, The Realist said:

Its ok everybody makes mistakes it not so big of a deal since both are good mobos but really depends what color scheme he wants to go with since they are pretty much same but the color is different,unless he really needs those 2 ports

So here is my lineup 

CPU : i7 4770 @3.4ghz

CPU COOLER :  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

MOBO :  MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

MEMORY :  Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

STORAGE : SSD -  Mushkin ECO3 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  and a 1 tb hard drive

GPU :  MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card

CASE :  Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU : EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

would this be a good mid to high range system?

Thats a high range system not a mid system XD,great build just is that power supply a EVGA GQ if yes change that to a G2 for a little more money and you got yourself a beast :)

3 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Can you tell me the name or link the psu and that'll be it. Thank you guys so much! It's my birthday and graduation present and I'm so happy to finally have a nice rig! I just got the witcher series and I'm itching to play it!

3 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

Can you tell me the name or link the psu and that'll be it. Thank you guys so much! It's my birthday and graduation present and I'm so happy to finally have a nice rig! I just got the witcher series and I'm itching to play it!

EVGA G2 650W

Rating (80+,80+Broze etc...),build quality (capacitors),size,wattage,non modular,semi-modular,modular between yours little the GQ is a Semi-modular i only chose the G2 because its modular so your build would look allot more sweeter and its a little more well built