4 cores vs 8 cores CPU's better in Gaming ??

42 minutes ago, Diceair said:

Yes have a look at Far cry 4 for wexample. That games can sometimes max out 1 core on many cpu's so a 6600k overclocked will be much better than a 5820k overclocked. Although with new dx12 games if properly optimized it will work better on more cores and have less cpu usage in general but I say not worth the extra cash. I say the mainstream i7 is best but get the 6600k for now and maybe upgrade to new cpu's when they are availalble otherwise get a 6700k with a decent cooler and overclock it. 

I have a friend running a 5820k @ 4.5GHz and me running a 4790k @ 4.6ghz. We both have 980ti and in games like BO3, Crysis 3 and some other games we get about the same level of performance. I wish I could take my work pc running i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 2400mhz ram and swap ir with my 4790k as I will see some gain in performance. Maybe not FPS but frame latency will be better.

Do it, just swap the cases they will will never no 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

For gaming 4 fast CPU cores is better than 8 slow CPU cores.

8 hours ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Do it, just swap the cases they will will never no 

Yes they will never know

10 hours ago, Maxou570 said:

we all know that video games even the most demanding ones doesn't use more than 4 core at a time but i heard that with DX12 & vulcan things will change and the more cores you have the better. i'm planning on buying a new CPU the i5 6600k which is a quad core however with the rumors i heard about core usage will an old FX8350 perform better because it has "8 cores". i'm confused now ????

The FX-8350 when all 8 cores are being used to their fullest is about on par with the i5-6600K... in situations that don't use eight threads or situations that require good single-threaded performance, the i5-6600K will do much better

11 hours ago, Maxou570 said:

i know what you are saying guys but i'm talking about the upcoming games and how DX12 will affect these i mean the rumors are true or it's just a bluff no matter i look at it if it's true things will change 

Dx12 is already inuse in some games, and all it does it lower driver overhead which is minimal in the first place by spreading the load over the threads, it does not make the games use more threads that is still up to the engine/developers to provide support. 

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •