How do I convince my mom to sell my consoles and my laptop?

RedLineGamer
Go to solution Solved by Loleo,

If you are afraid of asking you parents then we can't help you, sorry. It's up to you to propose some good arguments for why you should be allowed to sell your stuff (though don't sell your ps4, so many good games coming there). It's not like we can ask them for you. Maybe explain the whole Overwatch situation? You can't play with your friends since they are on another platform. You can argue that you learn lots of things when you build a pc and etc. We can't do anything about your situation other than giving you some moral support and a virtual pat on the back. You can do it!

If I sell my xbox one, ps4 and my laptop, I get $1200. But sadly my mom wont let me sell those stuff, and I don't know why. I tried asking mom if I can sell my consoles and laptop and buy a new gaming pc, but mom said no. How do I let mom sell my consoles? I am really scared to ask my mom about this. If I don't convince about this it will take me at least 7 months to earn $600! Please help me!

Buying gaming pc on janurary 2017!

Have you tried to talk in depth with her about why you want to this?  You should really ask why she won't let you sell that stuff.

15 minutes ago, Qyndryx said:

Have you tried to talk in depth with her about why you want to this?  You should really ask why she won't let you sell that stuff.

Well I am really scared to ask this

1 minute ago, RedLineGamer said:

Well I am really scared to ask this

Why?

You should find out why she won't let you sell that stuff. By the way, I would keep your ps4, and take the slightly worse PC, the difference won't be that big, and there are some great exclusives coming to ps4

3 minutes ago, Qyndryx said:

Why?

I am really scared when I ask mom about buying and selling electronic stuff.

45 minutes ago, RedLineGamer said:

If I sell my xbox one, ps4 and my laptop, I get $1200. But sadly my mom wont let me sell those stuff, and I don't know why. I tried asking mom if I can sell my consoles and laptop and buy a new gaming pc, but mom said no. How do I let mom sell my consoles? I am really scared to ask my mom about this. If I don't convince about this it will take me at least 7 months to earn $600! Please help me!

What games do your friends play, and what platforms?

Offer her a small percentage of the money you make.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 minute ago, RedLineGamer said:

I am really scared when I ask mom about buying and selling electronic stuff.

Don't be.  I am too but think of the outcome.  I am more scared of my dad since I usually ask my mum first cause she almost always says yes and approves.  Then I ask my dad.

Are you afraid of being denied?  Not insulting you or anything, just asking.

Are you the one who paid for those devices or did she buy them?

If she bought them for you, even if they are "yours", she's the one who still paid for them(or your dad, I dunno), so I can understand why she doesn't just want you to resell them. She could've also bought them with the whole family in mind and not just you. How would you like it if you bought something for someone and they just turned around and resold it?

If you bought them yourself, with your own money, she has no say in this.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

47 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

What games do your friends play, and what platforms?

My friends play overwatch on a old pc and it lags pretty much. Some of my friends have a gaming pc. Also if someone wants to play overwatch together and one has ps4 overwatch, one has pc overwatch, they cant play together.

45 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Are you the one who paid for those devices or did she buy them?

If she bought them for you, even if they are "yours", she's the one who still paid for them(or your dad, I dunno), so I can understand why she doesn't just want you to resell them. She could've also bought them with the whole family in mind and not just you. How would you like it if you bought something for someone and they just turned around and resold it?

If you bought them yourself, with your own money, she has no say in this.

Well me, mom and dad lives in my house. I am the only child in my house.

52 minutes ago, Qyndryx said:

Don't be.  I am too but think of the outcome.  I am more scared of my dad since I usually ask my mum first cause she almost always says yes and approves.  Then I ask my dad.

Are you afraid of being denied?  Not insulting you or anything, just asking.

I am really really afraid

You asked her once and she said no.  Asking her again will unlikely provide a different outcome and may upset her (understandable).

There's more at play then just whether or not you are allowed to sell these items.  

Are you a good kid?  

Do you follow their rules with little argument?  

Do you spend the majority of your free time on the xbox/ps4/laptop?  

Are you old enough to have a job (do you have a job)?

Selling 'toys' to purchase other 'toys' is a privilege in any respectable household and children should always be raised to understand this.  If you're own hard work paid for the xbox/ps4/laptop then I see no issue with you selling them to purchase something else, but I don't think that's the case (no offense).

If you are afraid of asking you parents then we can't help you, sorry. It's up to you to propose some good arguments for why you should be allowed to sell your stuff (though don't sell your ps4, so many good games coming there). It's not like we can ask them for you. Maybe explain the whole Overwatch situation? You can't play with your friends since they are on another platform. You can argue that you learn lots of things when you build a pc and etc. We can't do anything about your situation other than giving you some moral support and a virtual pat on the back. You can do it!

9 minutes ago, RedLineGamer said:

Well me, mom and dad lives in my house. I am the only child in my house.

Did you pay for the consoles and laptop yourself? If your mother payed for them, then she can refuse, but if you payed for it yourself, you have every right to sell it

5 minutes ago, Loleo said:

well then I have to wait until next year...

Oh well... 1 year is reasonable for a student like me...

You must find courage in some way. Treat her really good one weekend. Make her dinner, breakfast in bed, massage and something. Then talk, she'll be less stressed and most likely much more happy to have a civilized conversation and listen to you.

8 minutes ago, RedLineGamer said:

well then I have to wait until next year...

Oh well... 1 year is reasonable for a student like me...

Did

You

Pay

For

It

Yourself?

38 minutes ago, pyr0 said:

Did

You

Pay

For

It

Yourself?

Nope, my mom will never buy me a gaming pc, so she just gave xbox one on 2014, ps4 in 2015.

45 minutes ago, I love you said:

You must find courage in some way. Treat her really good one weekend. Make her dinner, breakfast in bed, massage and something. Then talk, she'll be less stressed and most likely much more happy to have a civilized conversation and listen to you.

In korea we don't eat breakfast in bed, and I don't have time for that since I have to study and I do study with mom, and after we finish my mom gets really angry, so that way is useless.

Waiting 1 year is the best resort.

tell her you need a more powerful pc to do simulations for school or something like that

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

36 minutes ago, Stadin6 said:

tell her you need a more powerful pc to do simulations for school or something like that

Well we don't do that kind of stuff here in korea

Well then how about just explaining to her that your ps4 and xbox are soon going to be outclassed by their new releases [not entirely true, there's still time] and the value will go down by a lot, plus selling these and getting a new PC with the proceeds would take off the financial burden of buying you a new one in case you do need a more powerful one in the near future for your studies or anything else [this being the case i doubt your parents will buy you the new consoles if they remember all this at that time xD].

Of course, this is only a part of the excuse you could run based on economic value D:

Find more excuses.

Good Luck

6 minutes ago, abhiflares said:

Well then how about just explaining to her that your ps4 and xbox are soon going to be outclassed by their new releases [not entirely true, there's still time] and the value will go down by a lot, plus selling these and getting a new PC with the proceeds would take off the financial burden of buying you a new one in case you do need a more powerful one in the near future for your studies or anything else [this being the case i doubt your parents will buy you the new consoles if they remember all this at that time xD].

Of course, this is only a part of the excuse you could run based on economic value D:

Find more excuses.

Good Luck

Plus you could mention that she wouldn't have to pay #80 a year to put both the consoles online