Cheapest good case out there?

Alecx
Go to solution Solved by derick90,

I mean I currently have a Phanteks case, but i've never had any of the cheaper models, I have seen the Define S in person and it's quite nice, open design with plenty of room for cable management. It's really all about aesthetics between the two companies to be honest. 

Hey guys. So I'm looking for a cheap case to house my upcoming Skylake (or Zen) computer. I am going to use a single video card at all times, a modular or semi-modular PSU, preferably ATX motherboard and air-cooling (Noctua).

I'm not that concerned at the actual price of the case. In fact I'm trying to get the best bang for the buck I can get. I'm living in Romania but we have pretty much everything is available in the US (Rosewill being one of the exceptions).

So far I'm looking at the Enermax iVektor and at the NZXT Source 210. Both of these I can get for roughly $25 which I find extremely appealing. What do you guys think? I am actually inclining towards the Enermax because it can house an 180mm cooler without any issues and it seems to hold plenty of fans as well. (as a note, I can only get these in white but I would like black better)

I was just about to say Rosewill lol. Anyway quick question, do you want it to look cool or function well or both? And is there a color scheme you are going for? And what size case?

CPU: R7 2700X 8C, 16Th 4.2GHZ @1.40v       MOBO: ASUS X470 TUF Gaming              RAM: 16GB Avexir Raiden DDR4 2666mhz CL15

GPU: XFX Vega 56 Custom (RX-VEGALDFF6) CASE: Cooler Master H500M                     OS: Windows 10 Pro

PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum                  SSD: 512GB PM871a SATA m.2 SSD        HDD: 2TB Seagate SSHD

I like simple cases better but I wouldn't mind all that much a "transformer-like" case either, lol.

Another nice case would be the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Window which si roughly $70 but I don't know if it's worth the extra money over the other two. (all of these are currently on sale)

Thermaltake Versa N21 is pretty cool imo. its what I have in my picture there. its not the most budget case, but its still pretty cheap.

Honestly with your price range, just google a little best cases of 2016 under 100 bucks.

CPU: R7 2700X 8C, 16Th 4.2GHZ @1.40v       MOBO: ASUS X470 TUF Gaming              RAM: 16GB Avexir Raiden DDR4 2666mhz CL15

GPU: XFX Vega 56 Custom (RX-VEGALDFF6) CASE: Cooler Master H500M                     OS: Windows 10 Pro

PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum                  SSD: 512GB PM871a SATA m.2 SSD        HDD: 2TB Seagate SSHD

Well, thank you both! I am still a bit fuzzy about what to get but Phanteks seems the best choice for me. :D

3 minutes ago, Alecx said:

Well, thank you both! I am still a bit fuzzy about what to get but Phanteks seems the best choice for me. :D

I recommend something like the Corsair 100r, it's a good middle ground between the $30 cases and the $70 cases.

Unfortunately here is like $5 cheaper than the Phanteks and I previously had a 230T which was built very poorly. 

Fractal has some pretty inexpensive offerings and still good quality, the core series to be precise.

Then again the Define S is quite nice and only ~$60

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

I actually wanted the Define S at first but it is $20 more than the Phanteks and the two seem very similar. Is it worth the extra over the Phanteks? (usually the Phanteks is more expensive but thanks to the hefty drop in price it is among the cheaper offerings out there)

I mean I currently have a Phanteks case, but i've never had any of the cheaper models, I have seen the Define S in person and it's quite nice, open design with plenty of room for cable management. It's really all about aesthetics between the two companies to be honest. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Well, Phanteks does look better for me, so I'm probably going to buy it. Thanks a bunch guys! ^^

I quite like the deepcool Dukase, but hey, I'm a bit late. Also, if it is, could you mark the thread as solved?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Sure. The Dukase is not available here or I can't seem to find it. :D

1 minute ago, Alecx said:

Sure. The Dukase is not available here or I can't seem to find it. :D

Shame, but it might be UK only... I think its like $40 equivalent...

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Found it but it is out of stock pretty much everywhere. Thanks again guys! :D