Revitalizing an Older Laptop

I'm trying to figure out how to best approach "refreshing" a Dell 15R from 2011.  It has a Sandy Bridge i3, 500GB hard drive, and Windows 7 home.  This thing is very slow, especially on startup, and makes it very hard to use.  I'd love to install an SSD in there but I don't feel comfortable doing it, as reaching the existing hard drive requires taking out the motherboard, screen and everything.  What's the best way to go about this?  Would a clean install of Windows be enough to make a significant difference?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)

If you want to get a faster startup, you'll have to go SSD. Reinstalling Windows wouldn't make much of a difference.

5 hours ago, Gaged said:

If you want to get a faster startup, you'll have to go SSD. Reinstalling Windows wouldn't make much of a difference.

I'd love to install an ssd in this machine but that's not going to happen because of Dell.

To me it seems like the only thing I really can do is throw a clean install on there, unfortunately.  Removing the bloatware and garbage software should at least help a bit, no?

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)