Dead Island problem

xfv501

I just got Dead Island on sale on steam a few days ago, and it's been running perfectly fine until today. When i boot the game i hear the sounds and get no display at all, just a black screen. I use a GTX 760, all my drivers are up to date so the drivers aren't the problem. I tried uninstalling the game and that didn't help, so if anyone knows how to help it would be much appreciated! Thanks..!  

1. Go into "steam\steamapps\common\dead island"

2. Right Click on "DeadIslandGame.exe" and click "Properties"

3. On the "Compatibility" tab, check "Disable desktop composition"

Might also have to disable Visual Themes

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

1. Go into "steam\steamapps\common\dead island"

2. Right Click on "DeadIslandGame.exe" and click "Properties"

3. On the "Compatibility" tab, check "Disable desktop composition"

Might also have to disable Visual Themes

Gotta love Windows 8... they took the option out of the Compatibility tab.. Wooo

So. Download Geforce Experience to change the resolution of the game. That should also fix it for you.

The Geforce experience didn't pick the game up for some reason, but deleting the video setting folder did the trick though. But thanks for the help!  

I just got Dead Island on sale on steam a few days ago, and it's been running perfectly fine until today. When i boot the game i hear the sounds and get no display at all, just a black screen. I use a GTX 760, all my drivers are up to date so the drivers aren't the problem. I tried uninstalling the game and that didn't help, so if anyone knows how to help it would be much appreciated! Thanks..!  

why do you wanna go to mars? out of spite?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

why do you wanna go to mars? out of spite?

Out of spite motherfucker.  :lol:

Out of spite motherf*cker.  :lol:

do you still have a copy of windows 7?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Out of spite motherf*cker.  :lol:

and i would like to remind you that uncensored swearing is not allowed at linustechtips.com

Just quoting the video Hahaha, I didn't know that but thanks for the heads up! I have the discs but no product key.. I don't have the money to buy one and don't really feel like being a pirate!

Just quoting the video Hahaha, I didn't know that but thanks for the heads up! I have the discs but no product key.. I don't have the money to buy one and don't really feel like being a pirate!

YAR HAR FIDDLEDEDEEE

YAR HAR FIDDLEDEDEEE

Hahaha that works...