Upgrading from an i5 to an i7

So I currently have an i5 4460 and I was wondering if it's worth upgrading to a Intel Core i7-4790k,

Thanks!

mmhhhmm 

MY RIG

I5 6600k

16gb Corsair vengeance 2666mhz

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

What do you do with your system? because depending on your use case scenario it might now be worth it.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

get the i7....they are a beat just get an after  market cooler with it.....proud owner on a i7 4790..

i7 4790,zotac nvidia gtx 960,16 gb ddr 3 corsair vengeance,cm b600 v2,gigabyte h97md3h,2tb seagate+2tb wd,samsung 20",asus xonar dg + 5.1 creative,sennheiser hd202,cooler master elite 311,apc rs 1000g,logitech c270,xbox 360 controller for windows and d link wifi router..

i5 4460 is more than enough for most people. If you're gaming, you probably wont notice any improvement if you went to an i7. 

If you do heavier workloads than video games, then you would probably experience a decent boost going to an i7, especially if its overclocked.

In gaming you might not notice differece, but it also depends on which games you play, if you play CPU intensive games it can make big difference, you can get around 20-30% higher FPS in WOW while raiding with i7 4790 over your CPU, also get some good CPU cooler to go with it, you dont need a watercooling for it, anything like hyper 212 or better will do the job fine and give you some room for decent OC