Computer Flakey as F*ck

Taswell

So there was a power surge here last week and this is the first signs that anything may have been damaged.

My computer has been doing weird things the past 2-3 days that is sending mixed signals. 

I noticed the LEDs in my reservoir are super dim (like they were almost blown) so i know the power spike got sent through the system( those LEDs are shot because they are the only ones plugged directly into the PSU, everything else is run off of headers.) 

Occasionally it will randomly shutdown(screens go black audio goes dead) but all the lights,fans,pumps,HDDs keeps going, power button goes unresponsive, cut the power and its will turn on and post and then cut to black again in the windows boot screen. The only to revive it from this cycle is to remove power from PSU and wait a couple seconds and then try again. 

in rare cases There will also be extreme fps drops in simple games like Dota and over watch that last like 30 seconds where i get like 5fps with tons of stuttering. 

Event viewer just shows Unexpected shutdown and kernel power errors. 

So what do ya think Motherboard maybe?

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

18 minutes ago, ITheSpazI said:

So there was a power surge here last week and this is the first signs that anything may have been damaged.

My computer has been doing weird things the past 2-3 days that is sending mixed signals. 

I noticed the LEDs in my reservoir are super dim (like they were almost blown) so i know the power spike got sent through the system( those LEDs are shot because they are the only ones plugged directly into the PSU, everything else is run off of headers.) 

Occasionally it will randomly shutdown(screens go black audio goes dead) but all the lights,fans,pumps,HDDs keeps going, power button goes unresponsive, cut the power and its will turn on and post and then cut to black again in the windows boot screen. The only to revive it from this cycle is to remove power from PSU and wait a couple seconds and then try again. 

in rare cases There will also be extreme fps drops in simple games like Dota and over watch that last like 30 seconds where i get like 5fps with tons of stuttering. 

Event viewer just shows Unexpected shutdown and kernel power errors. 

So what do ya think Motherboard maybe?

I'd replace the PSU first.....considering the LED that were plugged directly into it and not into the motherboard are damaged.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL