New Build Questions and Part Suggestions.

So I decided that I needed to build another PC to replace my second main rig (Specs are #2 in my signature), 

I will be using it for Media Consumption and to play games like BO3, Fallout 4, Battlefield 1, Overwatch, and possibly even DOOM at high settings on 1080p to start and 1440p when I get my new monitor. 

I have a strict budget of $1200 and I don't need any storage, as I already have a 500GB SSD that will be enough for a while,

What I am wondering is if anyone can:

Build either a part list featuring either

a GTX 1080 and Intel Core i5-6600k,

or a GTX 1070 and Intel Core i7-6700k

under my $1200 price point.

I would attempt myself, and I have but I am very stingy when it comes to PC parts, where I pick something more expensive to assure quality, when something of the same model does just what I need at a lower price.

I would rather do the 1080 and i5 build as it would give me more GPU performance, but I'd like to see what i can get with a 1070 and i7 build

Thanks in Advance Everyone

-ConiferousJelly

EDIT: Also if anyone can see if they can fit in a Enthoo Evolve ATX TG with a GTX 1070 and i5-6600k I would be interested seeing those too :P, thanks)

Main Rig 1: Intel Core i5-6600k | Cooler Master Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler | Asus Z170-AR | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR4-2400 | Inland Professional 480GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB HDD | Zotac GeForce GTX 960 4GB | NZXT S340 White | Corsair CX 600W PSU | Windows 10 Pro | PCPartPicker Link |

Main Rig 2: Intel Core i7-6700k | CRYORIG H7 Air Cooler | EVGA Z170 FTW | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB SSD | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | NZXT S340 Elite Matte Black | Corsair RM 750x PSU | Windows 10 Pro | PCPartPicker Link |

Laptop: 2018 15" MacBook Pro | 2.6GHz 6 core i7 | Vega 20 GPU | Mac OS Catalina 

Purpose of the build?

Resolution you will work/game at with this build?

Do you need a complete replacement or you're fine re-using parts from your old build?

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Just now, Shahnewaz said:

Purpose of the build?

Resolution you will work/game at with this build?

Do you need a complete replacement or you're fine re-using parts from your old build?

My purpose is to play current and new games with the build, like current being BO3 and Fallout 4, new games being Battlefield 1 :P

I will start off using it at 1080p but a few weeks after that I aim to be getting a 1440p monitor.

I will be fine using my 500GB SDD from my old build, and if someone wants to add an extra bulk drive they can, but with the parts i'm asking it is not necessary.

I will also update this in the main post, Thanks!

Main Rig 1: Intel Core i5-6600k | Cooler Master Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler | Asus Z170-AR | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR4-2400 | Inland Professional 480GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB HDD | Zotac GeForce GTX 960 4GB | NZXT S340 White | Corsair CX 600W PSU | Windows 10 Pro | PCPartPicker Link |

Main Rig 2: Intel Core i7-6700k | CRYORIG H7 Air Cooler | EVGA Z170 FTW | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB SSD | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | NZXT S340 Elite Matte Black | Corsair RM 750x PSU | Windows 10 Pro | PCPartPicker Link |

Laptop: 2018 15" MacBook Pro | 2.6GHz 6 core i7 | Vega 20 GPU | Mac OS Catalina 

24 minutes ago, ConiferousJelly said:

-snip-

Simply put, neither of those are happening unless you want to skimp out on your other parts... At least not until the 10xx prices drop.

9 hours ago, ConiferousJelly said:

My purpose is to play current and new games with the build, like current being BO3 and Fallout 4, new games being Battlefield 1 :P

I will start off using it at 1080p but a few weeks after that I aim to be getting a 1440p monitor.

I will be fine using my 500GB SDD from my old build, and if someone wants to add an extra bulk drive they can, but with the parts i'm asking it is not necessary.

I will also update this in the main post, Thanks!

This is all I'd change for now from your existing build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($169.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($51.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (Purchased For $0.00)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $150.00)
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts Green 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 OEM 64-bit  (Purchased For $0.00)
Other: Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (Purchased)
Other: AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB ($230.00)
Total: $670.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-28 14:09 EDT-0400

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.