Best sustainable food for maximum energy?

Crazymacc

I am doing a project to see whether we can make my school sustainable and I was wondering what would be the best food to grow for maximum energy? 

pretty sure "most efficient foods" goes to insects and algae. Not exacting appealing, but very high in nutrients with very little input. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I like To have a cup of Coffee and a nut butter and Jelly sandwich on whole grain in the AM, and in the PM usually something like a Salad, Beans, Fruit, etc. in the PM. Ofcourse a lot of Water/Fruit juice throughout the day.

To make it sustainable, you just don't want to grow the "most efficient" food, because you need variety to have a healthy diet.

So that means:

Greens - lettuce and other veggies, carrots, brocoli, etc.

Starches - potatoes and/or rice

Grains - wheat most likely, then used to make bread

Fruits - Probably Apples - if you have a Greenhouse, you can grow just about anything, so I would add Oranges and berries (Strawberries, blueberries, etc)

Protein - this is where it gets tricky. You've got beans and nuts, but ideally, actual real meat is going to be best

So how much of that is practical to actually grow for a school? Probably not the Grains or any animals. Takes up too much space. You'd need a literal crop field.

However, having a diverse and well rounded Greenhouse Garden will be suitable to grow most of the rest of stuff. You can even have some fruit trees in the greenhouse as well. I would just stay away from exotic foods, especially those that require unusual or extremely specific growing conditions.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm going to guess potatoes in terms of cheapness, efficiency, and energy.