best case fan 120mm

eddylambo

idc what anyone says i <3 my spectre pros. at 7 they always spin up and run quiet plus they still do a great job cooling

I have a Cooler Master Sickleflow and it is very loud, maybe if you can undervolt it, it would be nice. But I find it annoying. Antec TriCool fans are nice. They come in red, green, blue, and clear(no LED's) and they have a 3-position switch on them to change the rpm. They are $11.76 on Amazon. Their color is very nice too.

I wouldn't mind. It's gotta be worth like $2500 bucks on Craigslist. I mean, LOOK AT IT.

Lol nice christmas tree hanger.

I still remain a firm believer in solid side panels with minimalist aesthetics overall and no LEDs. Too bad every case nowadays may as well not have a front panel and is loaded to the brim with red LED fans.

I feel where you're coming from, but I am not a big fan of minimalism myself, I'm more pragmatic when it comes to my cases. I don't really care about fancy features, unless said features are actually useful, such as the latched side panel on my HAFxm. it saves me from having to take out thumbscrews every time I need to access my hardware, it makes it real easy to open, and I don't have to wrestle it into the slots ever, rather, it just hinges at the bottom, and lifts off if I need to take it all the way off. if i'm just looking for a serial number, or cleaning out the dust, I don't have to take it off, I just open it partway.

my case isn't bad in that regard the side grate has fan mounts, and I find side fans to be very practical, especially in cases with no option for a bottom-mount fan, such as mine. otherwise, the only intake is the front fan, for both the graphics card, and the cpu.

and the same can be said for the grating on the front panel. my front panel is almost entirely grating, and, because of that, the airflow is hardly restricted at all. I'm pretty sure my cpu fans are drawing air through my empty 5.25" bays, and I intend to mount a fan in there too.

that all said, I know what you mean. LED's might seem like a good idea, but it gets old after a while. led's can look nice if they are applied right, but if they are lit up like a Christmas tree, it's just plain ugly.

I actually think that my red led megaflow fans are joust... meh. the LED's are not very.. impressive... however, I bought them for the quiet airflow, and the LED versions happened to be $10 cheaper.

I might put a few led strips in my case, but positioned to cast light across the grating, if you know what I mean. probably do that at the same time as I install a noctua AF or AP in my 5.25 bays.

I could care less about having LED fans, but, to me, at least, more important is having as much airflow as possible, with minimal noise. for that reason, I find that the upper end of the HAF line are my favorite cases.

everyone has different tastes and needs. my HAFxm is the perfect fit for my tastes and needs, and fit my budget without having to sacrifice. hell, I like it better than most of the more expensive cases that most people drool over. at the same time,  that doesn't mean that it's right for you, or anyone else.

I kinda went into a rant here, but in any case, whatever other people think about your rig, if you're pleased with it, then that is all that matters. you're the one who is using the rig, not them.

Former Teksyndicate Forum Moderator, IT student

my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FnC