best case fan 120mm

eddylambo

Rosewill Hyperborea.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

does it have red leds

No. Cooler Master SickleFlow do though.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

heard they were loud man

Get LNAs and they won't be.

Phobia G-Silent - 25dba

Coolermaster SickleFlow - it says 19dba so it sould be pretty quiet

BitFenix Spectre - <20dba

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

does it have red leds

To be honest, the way to go is to get some nice black/grey/white fans w/o LEDs and get some case LEDs from Bitfenix or Antec. It will look much nicer, you will get better looking fans, and it's worth the little extra money.

Spoiler

To be honest, the way to go is to get some nice black/grey/white fans w/o LEDs and get some case LEDs from Bitfenix or Antec. It will look much nicer, you will get better looking fans, and it's worth the little extra money.

Agreed. LED fans don't look that great and you can get 6.5 foot strips of NZXT lights for $15 USD on Amazon.

Silverstone AP122 really nice fan for like 11 bucks last time I checked.

aslo like everyone else said, just get LED strips than LED fans. To me LED fans look tacky as hell.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Silverstone AP122 really nice fan for like 11 bucks last time I checked.

aslo like everyone else said, just get LED strips than LED fans. To me LED fans look tacky as hell.

To me, ALL LED lights are tacky, unless they're either power or HDD activity. Just get Noctuas if you're concerned about noise, but it might be outside your budget.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

To me, ALL LED lights are tacky, unless they're either power or HDD activity. Just get Noctuas if you're concerned about noise, but it might be outside your budget.

Yeah I think so too but there are sometimes when LED makes a build but that's a rare case for me. I also love my Noctuas but they are just a bit on the higher side.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

If I were you I would look into getting UV red blades so that they glow under UV light. Also get LED light strips to light up your case.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Yeah I think so too but there are sometimes when LED makes a build but that's a rare case for me. I also love my Noctuas but they are just a bit on the higher side.

I still remain a firm believer in solid side panels with minimalist aesthetics overall and no LEDs. Too bad every case nowadays may as well not have a front panel and is loaded to the brim with red LED fans.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

I still remain a firm believer in solid side panels with minimalist aesthetics overall and no LEDs. Too bad every case nowadays may as well not have a front panel and is loaded to the brim with red LED fans.

I should get you this for Christmas

logisys-led-pc.jpg

I should get you this for Christmas

logisys-led-pc.jpg

I wouldn't mind. It's gotta be worth like $2500 bucks on Craigslist. I mean, LOOK AT IT.

Agreed. LED fans don't look that great and you can get 6.5 foot strips of NZXT lights for $15 USD on Amazon.

I prefer led fans over led strips.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I think I will go with ap 122

I have one in my system and it is really nice for the air that it pushes and when it is under 7v you can barely hear it.

Noctua nff12.

The person asked for a 120mm case fan that is around $10, not $20.

I would maybe undervolt the Sickleflows in order to make them more quiet. I would personally get a non-led fans like the  and use LED strips to light up your case instead of the leds on fans. I would recommend Cougar Turbine fans as they push alot of air and are not loud imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The person asked for a 120mm case fan that is around $10, not $20.

I would maybe undervolt the Sickleflows in order to make them more quiet. I would personally get a non-led fans like the  and use LED strips to light up your case instead of the leds on fans. I would recommend Cougar Turbine fans as they push alot of air and are not loud imo.

Oh sorry my bad. These fans are just so awesome.  ^_^ That ir just recommend them to everyone. For any purpose.  ^_^ . 

Oh sorry my bad. These fans are just so awesome.  ^_^ That ir just recommend them to everyone. For any purpose.  ^_^ . 

A: "I need a good motherboard"

B: "NF-F12's."

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The 'best' fans in terms of price to performance and noise ratio would be Gelid Silent 12s. Rosewill Hyperboreas are also a great choice, they work very well on radiators because they are essentially Akasa Vipers.