RX 470 / 480 Prices in Australia

How much will they cost?

i really hope the RX 480 cost $300 and the 470 $250 

5 minutes ago, Teemo4Life said:

How much will they cost?

i really hope the RX 480 cost $300 and the 470 $250 

it will cost what the 960 and 380 are currently priced at since its the same bracket

Main PC:| CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.1, MOBO: Asus B350 PRIME , RAM: LPX Vengance 2400 16gb kit, GPU: 980Ti Poseidon Platinum 6gb
                PSU: SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w , CASE: HAF 932  HDDs:240gb EX900 HP NVME 6TB (2x3 Seagate Barracuda)
                COOLING: ThermalTake Contac Silent 12
Laptop:MSI GL62 7RD  CPU: Core i5 7300HQ, RAM: 16GB 2400mhz, :GPU GTX 1050 2GB: HDDs: 256gb adata NVME + 1TB HDD

love all brands, will go for whats cheaper for my needs

10 minutes ago, Mauricio G. B. said:

it will cost what the 960 and 380 are currently priced at since its the same bracket

I doubt it. There was a supposed leaked price it was $449 for the 8 GB. We'd be lucky to hit 350 with 4gb

5 minutes ago, Silencer said:

I doubt it. There was a supposed leaked price it was $449 for the 8 GB. We'd be lucky to hit 350 with 4gb

nah, all cards have costed the same for the past 10 years, idk how people are suprized about, just wait a month after the release and the early adopter bullshit to fade out and it will come at the same price, i mean people were pissing themselves at the 650usd launch price of the 1080, and thats what other flagship cards have costed at launch

Main PC:| CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.1, MOBO: Asus B350 PRIME , RAM: LPX Vengance 2400 16gb kit, GPU: 980Ti Poseidon Platinum 6gb
                PSU: SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w , CASE: HAF 932  HDDs:240gb EX900 HP NVME 6TB (2x3 Seagate Barracuda)
                COOLING: ThermalTake Contac Silent 12
Laptop:MSI GL62 7RD  CPU: Core i5 7300HQ, RAM: 16GB 2400mhz, :GPU GTX 1050 2GB: HDDs: 256gb adata NVME + 1TB HDD

love all brands, will go for whats cheaper for my needs

Us Australians don't know very much on what to expect. But many speculate around $450AUD for reference 8gb card. I bloody hope not!

Yep, I'm predicting around $400-$450 for the 8GB. Complete and utter rubbish, so sick of getting rekt when it comes to hardware/software prices here.

Why $450.... So expensively should be $350 for 8gb 

Regardless, both 4 and 8 will be overpriced. It's the Australian way :)

I'm personally picking up an 8GB card as i'm after a little more firepower, but if your going to be playing games on 1080p with mid-high settings the 4gb version should be fine :) 

4 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Oh, its going to perform like a 390?

Then it will be priced like a 390.

Mate

ehh well one would hope, you never really know until its out

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

390 are usually 50% more than the announced price of RX 480 in the US ($300 vs $200)

If the 480 costing the same as the 390 is what you call hope, feelsbadman

The aussie buck isn't the same as last year and with an additional aussie tax slammed on top, as well as demand and supply as this industry is bigger than it used to be. Again, we will just have to wait and see, for my sake and many others lets pray that the 480 will cheap in AUS 

In Turkey it went to preorder in one site for a moment and it was around 360$. Not quite what people expected here. I dont know if Australia can match with our expensiveness.

Basic description of Australia - GDP & Population of Texas, spread along the area of Mainland USA with most of the population being in the eastern-third of the country with a lot of it focused along the coastline and plains.

Yet, we can easily pay 50% more than the price in the US once converted from USD into AUD, along with our 10%-flat GST added on in each link of the chain getting something to the end user (and the consumer is stuck with the end cost whilst each link in the chain prior gets their GST value refunded as it moves along).

9 hours ago, Teemo4Life said:

Also why does everyone want 8gb? 4 is 100% fine. 

No 4gb is not fine not even for 1080p, only if you play games like csgo will 4gb be enough, but new AAA titles will be able to use more than 4gb at 1080p.

Here are some tests I did with a friend, he has a 290x.

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/184449-dackzy/?status=138072&type=status 

and here is a video showing that 4gb is not enough.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just went to B&H site in the USA and for $318 US which includes shipping (10 to 15 days) for a XFX Force Radeon RX 480 8gb will cost approximately $425 AUD. Availability 8th July.

I purchased a Motorola Xoom tablet from them back in May 2011 and had no problems with the purchase or shipping so they could be an option depending on Australian pricing.

10 hours ago, huilun02 said:

390 are usually 50% more than the announced price of RX 480 in the US ($300 vs $200)

If the GTX 1080 has shown Aussie resellers anything it's that they can charge well above what the should and people will pay it.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

11 hours ago, DELTAprime said:

If the GTX 1080 has shown Aussie resellers anything it's that they can charge well above what the should and people will pay it.

Because people in Oz don't want to have the problem with Grey-Imports not having the ability to return it for any valid reason for replacement/refunds if something goes wrong. The suppliers have us by the short and curlies...

My profile... HERE

Join the Disqussions... https://disqus.com/home/channel/techinquisition/