Will it fit? (Cooler Master Hyper 212x)

Go to solution Solved by Kryptic BladeZz,
50 minutes ago, Cavi said:

Hi! I want to include a Cooler Master Hyper 212x cooler in my new build, but I'm not sure if everything will be okay. I've actually asked this in my build plan thread, but I want to be 100% sure so I came here to find an answer. I want to buy MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon motherborad and I've heard that because of the RGB stip on the right RAM slots are a little closer to the CPU socket and I don't know if the 212x will fit in there and not interfere with 2x 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V RAM sticks. I can always go with some low profile RAM if that's a problem, but I'd like to stick with Ripjaws V if possible. 

It looks like you can move the fan up to make sure it clears the sticks. That's what I did with my EVO anyway and it works like a charm.

Hi! I want to include a Cooler Master Hyper 212x cooler in my new build, but I'm not sure if everything will be okay. I've actually asked this in my build plan thread, but I want to be 100% sure so I came here to find an answer. I want to buy MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon motherborad and I've heard that because of the RGB stip on the right RAM slots are a little closer to the CPU socket and I don't know if the 212x will fit in there and not interfere with 2x 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V RAM sticks. I can always go with some low profile RAM if that's a problem, but I'd like to stick with Ripjaws V if possible. 

Edited by Cavi
z172a lol

50 minutes ago, Cavi said:

It looks like you can move the fan up to make sure it clears the sticks. That's what I did with my EVO anyway and it works like a charm.

1 minute ago, Kryptic BladeZz said:

You can move the fan up on the Evo to make sure it clears the sticks. That's what I did anyway and it works like a charm.

Thank you for the answer! I think I shouldn't be worried as much as I am right now :) Well, I've built a lot of low-end PC's for friends and famili but this is my first time building a mid/high-end PC so It's a little stressful. 

4 minutes ago, Cavi said:

Thank you for the answer! I think I shouldn't be worried as much as I am right now :) Well, I've built a lot of low-end PC's for friends and famili but this is my first time building a mid/high-end PC so It's a little stressful. 

Don't worry about it. It's the exact same process, just different blocks in your Lego kit. If you're really concerned, you can wear anti-static gloves, but I find those just get in the way. I wear an anti-static wristband and work on an anti-static mat, both clipped to ground, and have never had an issue. I've avoided all problems with static to date, knock on wood, but the extra couple of steps give me some added peace of mind and don't really interfere with what I'm doing. 

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

4 minutes ago, Cavi said:

No problem man! Yes, I just took a look at the 212x and can confirm that the fan(s) can be attached higher or lower.

5 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Don't worry about it. It's the exact same process, just different blocks in your Lego kit. If you're really concerned, you can wear anti-static gloves, but I find those just get in the way. I wear an anti-static wristband and work on an anti-static mat, both clipped to ground, and have never had an issue. I've avoided all problems with static to date, knock on wood, but the extra couple of steps give me some added peace of mind and don't really interfere with what I'm doing. 

All right, I'll keep that in mind!