Should You Have More Intake or Outtake Fans?

cantalOPe

Should you have more intake or outtake fans? My build has 1 rear fan, 2 front fans, and 3 bottom fans, what should I set to intake and outtake? Keep in mind I can also change it, as its not build/bought yet.

The ideal configuration is positive pressure inside your case because it prevents dust from getting in the computer and it's better for the airflow, JayzTwoCents made a good video on that subject (Can't send it right now I'm at work sorry).

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

1 minute ago, BbsMentos said:

The ideal configuration is positive pressure inside your case because it prevents dust from getting in the computer and it's better for the airflow, JayzTwoCents made a good video on that subject (Can't send it right now I'm at work sorry).

Ok, thanks, I'll check it out.

More intake, this allows for positive air pressure which helps to reduce dust build up inside your case

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

In general, it's better to have more intakes than exhausts in order to maintain positive air pressure, which prevents the build up of dust and keeps air circulating. 

A good setup is normally to have front and bottom as intake and rear and top as exhaust. Probably good to move one of the bottom fans to the top if you can, so you have 4 intake and 2 exhaust. 

5 minutes ago, cantalOPe said:

Should you have more intake or outtake fans? My build has 1 rear fan, 2 front fans, and 3 bottom fans, what should I set to intake and outtake? Keep in mind I can also change it, as its not build/bought yet.

positive air pressure is better as it doesnt attract as much dust (considering you have dust filters on your intake fans). But only a little positive air pressure. Dont put there 5 intake fans and one exhaust 

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

i'd recommend positive pressure too

you could also prevent dust with some selfmade nylon dust filters

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

5 hours ago, BbsMentos said:

Negative airflow is generally better for temps and not the other way around but cooling is less affected by positive or negative airflow and is more dependent on the layout of the components.  

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.