Asus Z170a vs Msi z170a gaming m5 vs Asus Z170 pro gaming

Go to solution Solved by TheRandomness,
1 minute ago, Destructivedood said:

Okay? but which motherboard should i choose

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

whichever one has the features you need

just compare them on the website

obviously if you dont need the features of the pro gaming, then get the cheaper A version

Or looks the nicest

Or is the cheapest

Or all three at the same time.

I have a budget of about 200-250$CAD and was looking at these three motherboards. However i cannot decide which one. This is my first build, so if the motherboards are user friendly that would be great. If it has great cooling ,and a good amount of features that would be an added bonus. I am open to any suggestion and Thank You

asus

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

asus

which one Asus Z170-A or Asus Z170 pro gaming and why?

which one Asus Z170-A or Asus Z170 pro gaming and why?

obviously if you dont need the features of the pro gaming, then get the cheaper A version

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

The cheapest one that fits your budget, feature set and choice of aesthetics. Could you post the rest of your part choices?

Okay the rest of my parts  i have decide on are the intel core i5-6600k,,NoctuaNH Dh-15,Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,phanteks ethnoo pro, and the gtx 1070

Okay the rest of my parts  i have decide on are the intel core i5-6600k,,Noctua Dh-15,Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,phanteks ethnoo pro, and the gtx 1070

What PSU?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

4 minutes ago, Destructivedood said:

I was thinking either of the EVga supernova 750w or the supernova 850w here are the links http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438017

750W would be able to run 1080 SLI easily. For a single GPU, a quality 550W unit would be fine. (EVGA G2 is fine, if you want anything a bit cheaper look here: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/#comment-5473414

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

750W would be able to run 1080 SLI easily. For a single GPU, a quality 550W unit would be fine.

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Or looks the nicest

Or is the cheapest

Or all three at the same time.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats