EK D5 combo pinout

Go to solution Solved by D3LTA9,

On molex pin 1 is 12v and pin 2 is 12v earth. Usually they are labelled if you look closely at the plug. Otherwise, if you put the flat side facing up and the curved side touching the table pin one is the far right and pin 2 is obviously next. 5v is pin 4 and 5v earth pin 3.

For PWN it uses both wires. With the two little nubs facing down the green is far right and blue beside it. Luckily was just testing a pwn d5 that I thought had died so took a pic for you.

Have done this exact thing so many times when sleeving, ended up marking the plugs in the end haha.

IMG_20160623_191641.jpg

hello LTT forum,

I am recently sleeving all my wires in the rig.  just done something really stupid that I forgot to record the pinout of my pump b4 extracting the pins(a 4 pin molex & 4 pin fan header).
The unit is this combo from EK.

There's two wires on the 4 pin Molex, Black and Red.

Is the red one 5v or 12v?

I am confused cuz usually red is 5v while yellow is 12v.  But D5 are supposed to be 12v DC.

Also, the 4-pin fan header has two wires(not just one for PWM signal)

One of them is Green and the other is Blue.

Could anyone take pic of their pump combo or explain the pinout of it for me?
thx!

On molex pin 1 is 12v and pin 2 is 12v earth. Usually they are labelled if you look closely at the plug. Otherwise, if you put the flat side facing up and the curved side touching the table pin one is the far right and pin 2 is obviously next. 5v is pin 4 and 5v earth pin 3.

For PWN it uses both wires. With the two little nubs facing down the green is far right and blue beside it. Luckily was just testing a pwn d5 that I thought had died so took a pic for you.

Have done this exact thing so many times when sleeving, ended up marking the plugs in the end haha.

IMG_20160623_191641.jpg