GTA V dependency MFREADWRITE.DLL issues

Pugsicle

I recently have been getting the error that dependency MFREADWRITE.DLL is missing and I need to reinstall the game ever since my OS did some updates. I do have Windows 10 N and I went to Microsoft's website and got the media package, but I am still getting the errors. How can I fix this?

Had the same issue. Never download .DLL files! Reinstalling the game worked for me.

33 minutes ago, Pugsicle said:

... I do have Windows 10 N ...

Is that a version I don't know about or just a typo?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Is that a version I don't know about or just a typo?

Its a build without Windows Media player.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

3 minutes ago, trag1c said:

Its a build without Windows Media player.

Actually now that you mention it that sounds familiar... They started that with XP, correct?  I thought they were only available in Europe though?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

50 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Actually now that you mention it that sounds familiar... They started that with XP, correct?  I thought they were only available in Europe though?

That would be correct. South korea is also apart of it i believe.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

1 minute ago, trag1c said:

That would be correct. South korea is also apart of it i believe.

Then this raises some questions.  @Pugsicle, aren't you in the US?  I just assumed based on some of your posts involving Amazon...

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Then this raises some questions.  @Pugsicle, aren't you in the US?  I just assumed based on some of your posts involving Amazon...

I am from the US, I bought the key online and the N version was cheaper.

36 minutes ago, Pugsicle said:

I am from the US, I bought the key online and the N version was cheaper.

ah that explains it.  Well, I guess you get what you pay for :P 

I doubt it's related to this problem though.  I would try reinstalling the game, as suggested.

31 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

ah that explains it.  Well, I guess you get what you pay for :P 

I doubt it's related to this problem though.  I would try reinstalling the game, as suggested.

This is actually the only issue that I have ever had with getting the N version, otherwise it is just like a normal OS. I will try reinstalling it though.

Reinstalled the game, but still getting the error.