Color / Temperature Assosciation

Go to solution Solved by ALwin,

So I was (and still am) sitting in class and I started to think about why we associate the color red with things being hot and the color blue with things being cool. At first I was like oh well that's simple because fire is hot and its red and water is cool and its blue, but then I was like wait but fire typically turns blue the hotter it gets and water can be really hot too so i don't get it! PLEASE HELP! I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS!

| CPUIntel i5-6500 3.2GHz | MotherboardMSI Z170 SLI Plus | RAM8GB 2800 G.SKILL Ripjaws | GPUMSI Nvidia GTX 950 2GB | Case: NZXT Source Black | Storage120GB ADATA SX930 SSD, 500GB Western Digital Blue | PSU: 800 watt 80 plus bronze |

I don't lnow why we do, but it bugs me! my cpu and gpu run hotter in my black/red build then my friends black/blue build I made him. (I know thats not the reason) It drives me insane! and the looks of red makes everything look hot and it almost makes me wanna change my color scheme, but its too late for me now, have too much red to change it

5 minutes ago, vladonizer said:

I'm determined to have red and cool temps xD 

U wot?

Steve

1 minute ago, Laputacake said:

U wot?

Have a black/red setup with cooler temps then I have, and yes I know that its color isn't really affecting it

1 minute ago, vladonizer said:

Have a black/red setup with cooler temps then I have, and yes I know that its color isn't really affecting it

Ye it is m8. Proven science innit. U get me fam?

Steve

1 minute ago, Laputacake said:

Ye it is m8. Proven science innit. U get me fam?

I gotcha, science proves everything

1 minute ago, vladonizer said:

I gotcha, science proves everything

Ye m8. Nice fam

Steve

Want really mess with your mind, consider this....

Red tones are warmer but have a lower color temperature then blue tones which are considered cooler but have a very high color temperature. 

Yeah it's really funny actually.  "Colour temperature" as it is talked about in photography, and so on is based on the fact that a black body object will emit a certain range of visible light depending on its actual temperature.  The sun is what we consider "white" since its emission curve causes a fairly even balance of all the visible colours, but cooler objects emit light which is more red, and hotter objects emit light which appears more blue.  What is funny is that - in contrary to this - we consider reds to be "warm colours" and blues to be "Cool colours" xD yes it's all very messed up...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer