Cooling solutions..

Kasponis

So, since I am not so good in English, I can't really find info specifically for my problem.

So I will build a PC really soon, so I was told to put at least one more cooler in my case, since I have only one, which came with the case..

My case is CM force 251.

Things I will put in this case:

CPU: i5-4590

GPU : MSI's GTX 960 4gb / upcoming rx 480 (Don't tell me anything about gtx 960, I know it's a bad deal, but for me - it's perfect)

PSU : Fractal Design Edison M 550w 

And other parts, that are not associated in heat producing (except hard drives and solid state drives)

So, the question is, what do I need to do, ( I will not buy fans that cost 10$+ ) to keep pc temps running nice and (kinda) cool.

• Will 2 coolers be okay?
  • What component generates the most heat?

Really look forward to your suggestions :)

*The Image I added is kinda understandable, but I need info about how to do it the best way possible.

force251-2.jpg

I would put 120mm at the front, back and side (three in total). Front and side as intake and rear as exhaust fan.

The hottest components will be your CPU and GPU - what sort of cooler are you going to have on the CPU?

1 minute ago, daniielrp said:

I would put 120mm at the front, back and side (three in total). Front and side as intake and rear as exhaust fan.

The hottest components will be your CPU and GPU - what sort of cooler are you going to have on the CPU?

Stock Intel cooler.

Am I also good without side fans? Because I don't think my motherboard ( msi h81m - p33 ) has that much fan slots...

5 minutes ago, Kasponis said:

Stock Intel cooler.

Am I also good without side fans? Because I don't think my motherboard ( msi h81m - p33 ) has that much fan slots...

You should be as long as you have air going in and coming out your fine, side fans can just help cooling the GPU. 

And you don't have to hook them up to the Motherboard you can power them directly form the power supply via molex or sata adapters - however they will run at full speed when doing this so could potentially be noisy depending on the fan. 

1 hour ago, Kasponis said:

Stock Intel cooler.

Adding a rear exhaust fan should help with cooling and should be all you need. Where are you shopping/located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Case looks like it has top mounted PSU. So that will help with exhaust. I too would have 1 front fan and atleast 1 at side. Placement of that would depend on which components runs hottest and I assume it will be GPU. In which case its better as exhaust. Rear fan as exhaust is also good. If your CPU temps are constantly at high levels (80-90C) when running heavy games/software, you may need to add another side fan as intake for CPU cooler. Or just get better cheap cooler.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Adding a rear exhaust fan should help with cooling and should be all you need. Where are you shopping/located?

I live in Latvia.. I would choose one of these ( http://ej.uz/PlaceForCoolersForMe )...

33 minutes ago, Kasponis said:

I live in Latvia.. I would choose one of these ( http://ej.uz/PlaceForCoolersForMe )...

Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 6/21/2016 at 8:13 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Budget?

For coolers, that would be 20 euros at it's worst..

Personally If you were to put fans on the side i would put an intake on the top to give that stock cooler some extra air and an exhaust down lower to try to take out some of the excess heat created by the GPU.

Note, if you have a blower style GPU cooler, like the reference RX 480's, switch the bottom fan to intake since exhaust is already done from the back of the case.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED