Long Awaited iPhone 5S Forum Member Unboxing (Photos). Review in a Week.

Maskot

CJvmlo5.jpg

aAyHerb.jpg

X1f9jIB.jpg

hs5PEXg.jpg

1f06GjT.jpg

hAWxLwR.jpg

Wf0c7AS.jpg

pj6WA87.jpg

oshJVKZ.jpg

xmTJwne.jpg

EvS5VD2.jpg

WdHOTPz.jpg

FrcMv59.jpg

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Looks the same but the UI has a nice clean look, nice to see that for once.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Nice!

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Fine design but the OS is crap.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I forgot to say, nice unboxing of it! We need more member reviews. It's oen thing to hear it from a pro and another from the average person.

I've never used ios 7 before, haven't used an ios device since 5.0 was out, and this is my first iPhone.  I am not biased towards android or ios, this just fits my hand nicely and does everything I need it to simply.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I've never used ios 7 before, haven't used an ios device since 5.0 was out, and this is my first iPhone.  I am not biased towards android or ios, this just fits my hand nicely and does everything I need it to simply.

The new update is really clean, but copies much from Android

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

its a shame the the went away with the matte black. i have the 5 and i love the black. 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

its a shame the the went away with the matte black. i have the 5 and i love the black. 

Blakc was always a cleaner version in my opinion.

I wouldn't know since the last android OS I've used was 2.2 froyo and I've never held a nexus device or other stock android device in my hand to this day.

I also plan on getting one of Apples cases, the red one to be specific, will review that as well, maybe give that a week or two to sink in so I get a good opinion on it.

Same way Android copied parts of iOS.

Both are still good OS.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I wouldn't know since the last android OS I've used was 2.2 froyo and I've never held a nexus device or other stock android device in my hand to this day.

FROYO?! Jeez man, you are really outdated :P

Same way Android copied parts of iOS.

Both are still good OS.

Yes, but it seems iOS is a cleaner OS and Android is more open in the sense of customization.

Yes, but it seems iOS is a cleaner OS and Android is more open in the sense of customization.

Any OS can be changed though so meh. Jailbreaking and custom ROM's are always an option.

Update 1, Day 1:

Headphones are extremely bass-y and sort of ruin the music for me since I enjoy a more rich flat tone rather than this bs, and the headphones have a bit of a buzz on high points further ruining the experience.
Headphones are a 2/10 on over all audio quality, I thoroughly do not enjoy these, and they're a different shape from ordinary headphones so they take longer to put in properly and the left one is irritating, but the right is fine.

Touch ID sensor, I found a solution, with a maximum of five profiles, set one as your index finger and the other four as various parts of your thumb, so far only every 1:20 tries fails using this way vs. the 1:2 I experienced with only one profile.

Touch ID sensor is a 7/10 it's inaccurate but fixable.

Vibrations, by far the best feature of the phone, I always have my phone on vibrate and the 5s does not disappoint, it has a strong vibration motor and many vibration modes even including a make your own vibration, each app can also have a vibration setting.
Vibrations are a 10/10, not a single device I've tried can compare to the robustness and versatile settings they offer.

That's all for now.

Update 1, Day 2:

No service in the school (T-Mobile's fault)

Update 1, Day 3:

Got the case in red, will take photos and give a written review of it tomorrow, so far very pleased with the quality.

NEVER BUY APPLE PRODUCTS AT THE APPLE STORE.  Every worker is on their high horse, unlike every other store where the worker services the customer, the customer must seek service from a worker.  I've never been in a store before that does not have a traditional check out counter.  I have never purchased an item from the apple store before either.