Having AMD product problems... Sight... Help with GPU upgrade?

Diner50
Go to solution Solved by JabroniBaloney,

The answer to everything is potato.

Nividia and AMD  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is AMD and Nividia GPU's a huge change in peformance to it's hardware?

• AMD drivers and software limits the hardware.
    • Nivida is not better or worse
    • It have to do with programs and games. Not Green and Red

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Use OBS to record and stream:  https://obsproject.com/

...... The reason why I like Shadowplay is due to it WORKS. 

OBS have 3 options.

1. GPU Cap

2. QuickSync Cap

3. CPU Cap

Now a Nividia card can use Shadowplay Or OBS making use of the GPU dedicated Cap chip. (yes modern GPU's have dedicated recording) 

AMD on the outher hand dropt the support of things like OBS... ( Like for no reason dropt it and you got to mod OBS now to use it )

There own software is terrible making Cap videos in varible frame rate going from 20fps to 50fps even in games like TF2..... And looks like trash in dark areas. But using Shadowplay on a Gtx 960 I was blown away about how good it looks. Even if the game did not even manage 60fps outside of recording. 

QuickSync was hard to get working with OBS and outher programs. And to weak built in GPU on the I5 2400 to get anything out of it.      And still Shadowplay is still MUTCH BETTER...

Using CPU to Cap video is fine if running a high end CPU. But my old I5 2400 can't Cap 60fps 1080p at the quality I like. Shadowplay is alteast close to what I call perfect balance to memory usage vs quality. Still CPU recording with OBS or programs like it is the best quality you can get.. Even RAW if you like... But allot of big YouTubers are using Shadowplay and I can't even spot any lack of quality vs RAW recordings done to SSD's to handle the dam recoding file sizes. ( YouTube damages even the best video art... ) 

The main reason I like to record stuff is funny bugs. And to do that Shadowplay is perfect. AMD on the outherhand fail to even start up games while having the Cap software running......... And if you manage to start recording the chance of bluescreen or bugs are WAY to high..... Like up in the 3% every 30min range at BEST... I even managed to have black stripes in my recordings.. Making it unusable..