Can anyone confirm that the CM Silent Pro M2 520W can handle 850W? (Video link included)

Was just wondering whether anyone has done any load testing or anything with Cooler Master's Silent Pro M2?

I bought some 520W, 620W and 720W ones a while ago to put into systems and came across this video, where they show it can handle 850W at full load, and stable.

The testing starts at about 6:30 in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2TwpOVmpe0

Don't know whether this is the case, it's be great if it was, but I'd definitely like to find out, either way!

C64, MOS 6510 0.985MHz, 64kB RAM + 20kB ROM, 320x200 resolution, 16 colours! <----BEAT THAT! ;P

As far as I know, the Seventeam build Silent Pro M2 420~620w unit had not been tested by a reputable reviewer with a load bank like JG, TPU, HSW, etc. Also from what I had seen, the KAW tend to be less accurate as you go over the 500w mark.Taken that into consideration, you also have to realize that power drawn the wall is higher than what the PSU is supplying / rated for. You need to taken into account the efficiency of that unit at that particular load.

This is a mainstream unit in which I believe the OPP is set in a way that it would tripped off at around 600~650w DC, which efficiency at that output level would likely be in the high 70s. So you might see over 800w AC with a KAW before it shut off; however, it is not recommended you do so in an extended period of time, as it is not design with such an overhead in mind to continuously output that (especially considering how this is a group-regulated design).

Thanks for the reply quan289!  I'll have to take a spare one over to a friends place to see what it can do....sure a bit of experimentation can't hurt....unless the thing blows, but I've got some good safety specs, thick plexiglass and a bottle of whiskey at the ready just in case! ;)

C64, MOS 6510 0.985MHz, 64kB RAM + 20kB ROM, 320x200 resolution, 16 colours! <----BEAT THAT! ;P