Not sure what to do in terms of audio...

handymanshandle

So I have a pair of Skullcandy Ink'd 2s which I think sound pretty good, but I'm not sure if I should just use those or maybe get like the Thonet and Vander RISS speakers.

I'm looking for something under or around $100 but good for listening to music genres like alternative and indie rock. I've heard that for low audio budgets that headphones will give you the best sound for what you pay for but I can't really find a pair that are affordable, and don't look like too ugly. Something similar to the ATH-M50x but with a better sound profile (because I hear that their sound profile is best in the lows but falls flat in the mids and highs). Are the HD 558s any good, I've heard some decent stuff about the HD 380 Pros are okay. If headphones I would prefer them be closed or semi open.

I would also be using the IEMs or Headphones or Speakers for gaming and maybe some music product but not to a professional degree.

I would sort of prefer speakers though because I figure that my IEMs would be good enough to do what headphones could do.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I love my ATH-M40X's actually. They have a completely flat tuning unlike the M50X's so literally anything sounds good, they are very comfortable, have detachable cables and are portable. Easily my favorite headphones ever, I use them every day :) 

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

1 hour ago, Spork829 said:

I love my ATH-M40X's actually. They have a completely flat tuning unlike the M50X's so literally anything sounds good, they are very comfortable, have detachable cables and are portable. Easily my favorite headphones ever, I use them every day :) 

Hmmm that could be an option. I'd be fine using my IEMs but I suppose headphones do have a benefit over IEMs in the fact that the drivers are a lot larger so technically they usually should have better sound (of course it's more than just driver size). How comfortable are they? I have a pair of Turtle Beach X12s (that I don't use anymore) for the Xbox 360 and after awhile they got pretty uncomfortable they sounded pretty decent surprisingly.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Hmmm that could be an option. I'd be fine using my IEMs but I suppose headphones do have a benefit over IEMs in the fact that the drivers are a lot larger so technically they usually should have better sound (of course it's more than just driver size). How comfortable are they? I have a pair of Turtle Beach X12s (that I don't use anymore) for the Xbox 360 and after awhile they got pretty uncomfortable they sounded pretty decent surprisingly.

I used to use a pair of Turtle Beaches and actually bought these because those would give me a headache after a couple hours. The M40X's have really nice soft ear pads that go around your ears rather than on them (like the turtle beaches) which I personally prefer. The headband is only a little padded, but I find it doesn't cause any problems. Since I came from using headphones that were so loose they would fall right off if I tilted my head back, they hurt my head after a few hours for the first week or so because they clamp pretty tight. However they stretched out after that and now they fit like a glove, I barely notice they're there. Something to note also is I have a weird shaped head so that might not even happen with you at all :)

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...