Youtube lag while in game

Timstertim
Go to solution Solved by Timstertim,

So i have installed the the nvidia beta drivers for bf4 and now the problem is gone so thats good....

Recently I have formatted my pc and re installed windows 8. Everything went smoothly, no problems expect one, i have a dual monitor set up, so i could play and have a you tube video running at the same time to keep me company. Before i lunch a game everything is fine You tube is running smoothly, but as I lunch a full screen game, the video starts to la, ending uo having about 1 frame a second on the video, but sound is still ok. When i minimize the game everything come back to usual. Any help will be greatly appreciated!   

Does YouTube still lag if a game is windowed?

The Workstation – Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 WS | CPU: Intel i7-4930k @ 4GHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked | RAM: 32GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600MHz | Storage: 250GB Samsung EVO SSD, 3TB WD Green  | PSU: Corsair AX760i

The Server – Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT-M | CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 3.0GHz | RAM: 4GB 1333MHz | Case: Silverstone PS08

The iMac – CPU: Intel i7-2600 @ 3.5GHz | GPU: Radeon HD 6970M 2GB | RAM: 16GB 1600MHz | Storage: Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM

I have changed the settings to windowed and the problem is not there any more! I would like to fix it so I could play in full screen.

I actually have a similar issue. I'm not sure if it was a Windows 8 issue, or if it's an Nvidia thing as I started noticing the issue after those two changes happened. Often times when a streamed video isn't my primary window (IE I have something else selected, even if it's a windows explorer window) the video can start to lag.

I just switched back to Win7 yesterday, so I'll test it when I get home.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

What is your GPU?

I have this exact same setup (Windows 8, dual monitor, playing games Fullscreen on one monitor while watching a Youtube video on the other) and it works perfectly fine. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Could it be possible that whatever games you're playing are graphics intensive and are using a lot of the computers resources? It could just be that the game is using too much of the CPU, or it could be the GPU bottle necking.

What resolution are your monitors, what CPU do you use, what GPU(s) are you using?

The Workstation – Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 WS | CPU: Intel i7-4930k @ 4GHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked | RAM: 32GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600MHz | Storage: 250GB Samsung EVO SSD, 3TB WD Green  | PSU: Corsair AX760i

The Server – Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT-M | CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 3.0GHz | RAM: 4GB 1333MHz | Case: Silverstone PS08

The iMac – CPU: Intel i7-2600 @ 3.5GHz | GPU: Radeon HD 6970M 2GB | RAM: 16GB 1600MHz | Storage: Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM

Could it be possible that whatever games you're playing are graphics intensive and are using a lot of the computers resources? It could just be that the game is using too much of the CPU, or it could be the GPU bottle necking.

What resolution are your monitors, what CPU do you use, what GPU(s) are you using?

This is what I would suspect, given that the problem only occurs when the game is fullscreen.

Also how much RAM?

Back from the dead....

Cpu :i7 860 @ 2.80 GHZ

gpu : 680 4gb

ram : 8gb

I have never had this problem before i have had the same set up and the same os so i dont know what it could be :(

Cpu :i7 860 @ 2.80 GHZ

gpu : 680 4gb

ram : 8gb

I have never had this problem before i have had the same set up and the same os so i dont know what it could be :(

New flash update? 

Youtube Center with DASH playback turned off?

Other things of that nature?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I usually use chrome, but I have tried also firefox but the same thing is happening! 

I usually use chrome, but I have tried also firefox but the same thing is happening! 

Does it do it for any other video site? Like vimeo, for example?

Does it do it for any other video site? Like vimeo, for example?

Ye it is happening on vimeo :( I looked threw some windows settings and found nothing so far!

Ye it is happening on vimeo :( I looked threw some windows settings and found nothing so far!

You said you reinstalled windows, right? Maybe there is an error with with a driver.

I think it could be some bottle neck thing, but what I dont understand is how it worked before the formate, everything ran fine. After the formate it sturted doing this. Could it because the cpu is degrading so much it is not able to do this any more? 

So i have installed the the nvidia beta drivers for bf4 and now the problem is gone so thats good....

I recently reformatted as well and have the same problem, have you found a fix? I was running windows 8 before and it was perfectly fine, reformat and somethings screwed up. Youtube lags when playing a full screen game, never used to do this. 

AMD 4100, GTX 560, 8 gb 1333 ram

I recently reformatted as well and have the same problem, have you found a fix? I was running windows 8 before and it was perfectly fine, reformat and somethings screwed up. Youtube lags when playing a full screen game, never used to do this. 

AMD 4100, GTX 560, 8 gb 1333 ram

All did was re-install the drivers for the graphic card and that fixed it.