Need help with Programming Code

Okay so I do not know how many of you are familiar with the programming language that game maker uses but I need your help, I do not know where I have gone wrong with my code, all the help would be appreciated

post-15540-0-38159300-1380534299_thumb.p

First, what code is this supposed to be (game creators use lots of different code), second what are you trying to achieve, third what went wrong with the code (meaning what function did it not fulfill properly).

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Not that I can be of help, but I'd just like to say that pasting the copy will help others debug because they don't have to type it themselves.

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

The content of that last IF-statement looks very weird, though I'm not familiar with GML. Can you really just type something like "check sound is not already playing [...]", wouldn't you need to query, say, a variable and check if the sound is playing or not?

Cheers,

Linus

Not familiar with GML but I think that your comparison operator should be "=="; as in:

if(image_index == 2 or 6) {bla bla}

A single equal sign like you used is generally for assignment.

The content of the statement looks weird to me as well, but no GML experience so I can't comment more than that.

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

Not familiar with GML but I think that your comparison operator should be "=="; as in:

if(image_index == 2 or 6) {bla bla}

A single equal sign like you used is generally for assignment.

The content of the statement looks weird to me as well, but no GML experience so I can't comment more than that.

Thanks for the help it has fixed my problem, such a stupid mistake haha.

Thanks for the help it has fixed my problem, such a stupid mistake haha.

You're welcome!

Just imagine how many times I did it myself to end up spotting it right away :D Should make you feel better

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

I'm not sure about that language in particular but in most if you do

if(x == 2 or 6)

it will always be true because 6 (or any other number, char, etc. except 0) will always evaluate to true.

I'm not sure about that language in particular but in most if you do

if(x == 2 or 6)

it will always be true because 6 (or any other number, char, etc. except 0) will always evaluate to true.

Yeah normally it is something like if (x == 2 or x == 6)