Headsets for streaming/recording gameplay

Aidanh1994

Hey all,

I've started to record my gameplay so that I can start uploading to Youtube. However one current problem I have is that my microphone (Rode NT-USB) picks up so much of my sound which is coming from my headphones (Platronic GameCom 388). They leak an incredible amount of sound even at low volumes, I've tried messing around with the microphone sensitivity and editing the audio after recording, however nothing fixes it.

So I'm assuming a new pair of headphones is needed. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for a new set of headphones?. This is for PC fyi :)

Thanks,

Aidan

1 minute ago, NoobCase said:

Get another pair of headphones since that mic is too nice  to ditch :)

It is a great mic :D

This is exactly what I was thinking, do you have any recommendations? 

1 minute ago, IskanderEXC said:

Look at HyperX's lineup of headphones, I have the Cloud IIs and they are great

What's the sound leakage like? :)

3 minutes ago, Aidanh1994 said:

What's the sound leakage like? :)

I haven't had any problems with it, they work like a dream.

any closed back headphone, dont really need the hyper cloud headset since you already have a mic. depends what your budget is and what you're going to use the headphones for and what your preferences are. Check the recommended gear sticky and look for closed back in your price range

CPU: Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura | RAM: G.Skillz Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 (4 x 8GB) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Edition | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 | Case Fans: NZXT Aer RGB 120mm x 3 + NZXT Aer RGB 140mm | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG Edition | Lights: NZXT Hue+ | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB LUX Mouse: Zowie EC2-A | DAC/AMP: Schiit Magni Uber + Schiit Modi Uber | Headphones: Sennhesier HD598 SE + Fostex T50RP Mk3 w/ Mayflower Mods | Mic: Antlion ModMic 5.0 | OS: Windows 10