Is there such thing?

IcEWoLF

Is there such thing as quiet case fans that can push a lot of air through? So far I haven't found any fans out there that push a lot of hair and that stay quiet. 

I've tried the Fractal Designs Venture fans, the Thermaletake fans take tons of air, but they are not as quiet. Any other brands you guys can suggest?

Noctua NF-F12, or if you really want performance, EK Vardar are the best to go. But Noctua's are the most silent in my experience, Vardar's aren't bad either at 1850 rpm.

3 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

So far I haven't found any fans out there that push a lot of hair and that stay quiet. 

yeah hair is very noisy when pushed

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

NF-S12A's and Gentle Typhoons are great.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

50 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Noctua NF-F12, or if you really want performance, EK Vardar are the best to go. But Noctua's are the most silent in my experience, Vardar's aren't bad either at 1850 rpm.

You do realize the nf-f12 is loudest fan among noctua's line up of 120mm fans?

also that fan is designed for raditors in mind so the amount of air it pushes is very short range. 

2 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

also that fan is designed for raditors in mind so the amount of air it pushes is very short range. 

The NF-F12 most likely has the longest 'range' when it comes to noctua's fans due to the focus flow design. The drawback of the design is that the airflow to noise ratio isn't as good.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm looking for 140MM fans.

As you can see from the picture below my case has a front plate which is removable.

6928cdcb-4d3a-4fe8-9d49-89771bee0a0a.jpg

I need a quiet system but I need enough air to push to keep my rig cool, I also need enough air to make it to the back of the case so the hot air can be pushed out.

The fractal fans were nice, but it just didn't push enough air inside the case which was very disappointing. 

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The NF-F12 most likely has the longest 'range' when it comes to noctua's fans due to the focus flow design. The drawback of the design is that the airflow to noise ratio isn't as good.

You are right, i should have worded it better.

the nf-f12 does have a long range but it is focused like a needle which becomes useless when used as a case fan.

not to mention in order to produce a decent amount of air with the nf-f12, it requires him to run it at a higher rpm. If he needs to do that then the noise level skyrockets which means he's better off ghetto mounting a fan inside his case to help with  air flow.

8 hours ago, IcEWoLF said:

Is there such thing as quiet case fans that can push a lot of air through? So far I haven't found any fans out there that push a lot of hair and that stay quiet. 

I've tried the Fractal Designs Venture fans, the Thermaletake fans take tons of air, but they are not as quiet. Any other brands you guys can suggest?

You're asking for the impossible. While there are fans that perform better than average, the simple fact is that moving a lot of air makes noise. Once you get to 1000rpm on most fans, they will be audible if not downright noisy.

That said, Gentle Typhoons would be a good choice; the EK Vardar fans seem to offer similar qualities, as will most likely the upcoming next-gen Noctua 120mm. But that's pure speculation on my part based on the blade shape.

If you have the space, the Blacknoise Noiseblocker eloop 140mm is a good performer as well; but it is thicker than the standard 25mm and so may have compatibility issues depending on where you mount it.

8 minutes ago, SSL said:

If you have the space, the Blacknoise Noiseblocker eloop 140mm is a good performer as well; but it is thicker than the standard 25mm and so may have compatibility issues depending on where you mount it.

i was so excited for the 140mm eloops....

then i found out they dont fit in my case with a rad :C :C :C

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020