Case fans on Corsair Air 540

Bradders
Go to solution Solved by Zyndo,

You get 2 AF140L's in the front, and 1 AF140L in the rear. These are identical to their AF140's, but they don't have the rubber corner inserts, and no coloured rings. Your case can handle up to 3x120 or 2x140 in the front, 2x120 or 2x140 in the top, and 1x120 or 1x140 in the rear. You may populate these as you see fit. something to note, try to have intakes through your front fan filter, and your exhausts out the back. also if possible, create positive pressure in the case. these two factors should keep dust levels to a minimum in your case.

So yes, LED AF120's are a fine option for your case. Some people would recommend SP120's for the front since you're going through a filter, but if you keep it reasonably clean of dust it shouldn't be too restrictive for an AF optimized fan.

Hey guys,

Just a quick question, what are the fans on the Corsair air 540 and are they any good or would i be better off buying some replacements. Was thinking of some af120 leds

any info is welcome

thanks 

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

You get 2 AF140L's in the front, and 1 AF140L in the rear. These are identical to their AF140's, but they don't have the rubber corner inserts, and no coloured rings. Your case can handle up to 3x120 or 2x140 in the front, 2x120 or 2x140 in the top, and 1x120 or 1x140 in the rear. You may populate these as you see fit. something to note, try to have intakes through your front fan filter, and your exhausts out the back. also if possible, create positive pressure in the case. these two factors should keep dust levels to a minimum in your case.

So yes, LED AF120's are a fine option for your case. Some people would recommend SP120's for the front since you're going through a filter, but if you keep it reasonably clean of dust it shouldn't be too restrictive for an AF optimized fan.