Help!!

Evyn

HELP My pc keeps shutting down when i put it under load. I just bought a new gpu for my pc and now when i play games like TF2 and Path of exile it will restart out of nowhere please help.

Specs- intel core 2 duo 8400 3.0 GHZ- 4gb of DDR2- GT710 2GB- Gigabyte 600w psu. 

your system might just be old and ruuning slow. you still have ddr2 i think you need a new system 

Did you install the drivers of the new card?
You did not mention your GPU, but a dual core could possibly bottleneck the card (So the CPU is always at 100%) 

You can try to do benchmarks to your CPU (only) to see if he's running too hot.
I can suggest Cinebench. For your CPU benchmarks (Click for direct link)

Watch the temps with MSI afterburner. (Click for direct link)

If your computer crash during the benchmarks its probably a cooling issue. 
If it crashes or run at very high temperatures, maybe try to keep your game to a different max fps setting. (30-45-60 for example)

For TF2 you should use the command fps_max60, fps_max45 etc in the console.

If you don't have any problem after you cap the fps write down the command in a notepad and save it as "autoexec.cfg" in your tf/cfg folder

And for your future config I would suggest maybe to use a last gen CPU with DDR3.

You seem to be on a budget so I would take the DDR4/Skylake money for a better GPU etc. (Something around this I would say) Click here for the config.

I don't know if you already bought the 750 ti. No matter if you bought it or no keep the card you have for a while and if you have the budget someday probably go for a GeForce 1060 (when its release) or a 1070. I can also suggest to look into afterhand hardware, sometime if you find a good deal you can save a lot of money and have good performance.

If you don't care about taking AMD its also a good option for a budget build.

What GPU are you using right now? (The one with the problems) And what was your old GPU who had no problems?

My old gpu was a geforce gt8500 and my new one is a gigabyte gt 710 2gb ddr3 

ok im going to do it now 

ok so i ran the cpu test and my temps did not reach above 50C my score was 133

Ok did you run it more than once? And normally your PC crash after how much time of playing?

It might be an issue microsoft not supporting windows XP or something if it's still running on an old operating system, that or it's an old component giving out. idk cant think of anything else

Normally it would restart depending on the game maybe an hour. on alien isolation it lasted 2-3 hours I have a feeling its something to do with my psu

7 minutes ago, wackywobbler said:

It might be an issue microsoft not supporting windows XP or something if it's still running on an old operating system, that or it's an old component giving out. idk cant think of anything else

It's an option i didn't taught about. It could make sense.

Evyn what OS do you have?

im currently running win 10 pro

4 hours ago, Evyn said:

HELP My pc keeps shutting down when i put it under load. I just bought a new gpu for my pc and now when i play games like TF2 and Path of exile it will restart out of nowhere please help.

Specs- intel core 2 duo 8400 3.0 GHZ- 4gb of DDR2- GT710 2GB- Gigabyte 600w psu. 

I've seen bad power supplies cause something like this. Worked on a PC where whenever maps started to load in CSGO the PC would shut off. Tried a new power supply of LESS wattage and it worked fine. Also had one where once you got on a web browser and opened a couple tabs it would turn off. New PSU fixed that too.

Thanks ill will look into buying a new psu. Any suggestions?

8 minutes ago, Evyn said:

Thanks ill will look into buying a new psu. Any suggestions?

I would definitely suggest an Evga power supply. Take it with a bit more Watt so you can get all your future components in it.

I have EVGA power supplies in all of my computers and they are silent, have a good build quality and all the reviews I saw praise them as very good. 

If you plan to get a 6600k, you will want a Z170 mobo.  you can get a good one for the same price as the one you already have picked out, or get a non k i5 and put that bit of cash into your gpu.

CPU - I5 6600k @4.5ghz, AIO Cooler - H100i GTX, MOBO - MSI Z170 Gaming Pro, RAM - G-Skills Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 mhz, GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080, SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 250g, HDD - WD Black 1TB, PSU - Corsair TX 750, Case - Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5, Monitor - Dell S2716dg 2560x1440 144hz gsnyc  27", AOC I2757FH 1920x1080 75Hz 27", OS - Windows 10 Home.

5 hours ago, Evyn said:

Ya i am saving up for this http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/YwqdCy but i need this one for the time being. the problem only started happening after i upgraded the gpu.

Get RX 480 instead. It will be better than 750 Ti by a lot.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Thank you for the suggestions i will look into them