lagg?

SmilesRising

Can someone please explain to me why my pc is lagging when i watch a youtube video and browsing the internet at the same time? i have an i5-4440 processor..

Watches and computers                    

Are you using Chrome? Cuz its hungry for some delicious RAM.

Maybe check Task Manager to see whats causing it.

|| i5 6400 || Asus H110M-D || 8GB Crucial Ballistix || MSI GTX 1060 Twin Frozr || 1 TB Seagate || Cooler Master Blizzard T2 Mini || Seasonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze || Deepcool Dukase ||

1 minute ago, Jownjown said:

Are you using Chrome? Cuz its hungry for some delicious RAM.

Maybe check Task Manager to see whats causing it.

i am using chrome but 8gb ram should be enough

Watches and computers                    

Wich browser? It only lags when browsing+watching videos? does it lag when you only  watch videos or only when browsing?

Check CPU usage

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.

2 minutes ago, henkka_scorpio said:

Wich browser? It only lags when browsing+watching videos? does it lag when you only  watch videos or only when browsing?

Check CPU usage

its only when i watch a video and brows the web.

Watches and computers                    

What is lagging? Both tabs? What is the CPU and RAM usage like? Are you watching a 4K60fps video? Or even 720p/1080p 60fps? Do you have hardware acceleration on in Chrome? What is your internet speed like? 

You would expect a 'Proud member of LTT and the PC Masterrace' to at least know how to troubleshoot a little bit (or at least mention some of these things)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

What is lagging? Both tabs? What is the CPU and RAM usage like? Are you watching a 4K60fps video? Or even 720p/1080p 60fps? Do you have hardware acceleration on in Chrome? What is your internet speed like? 

You would expect a 'Proud member of LTT and the PC Masterrace' to at least know how to troubleshoot a little bit (or at least mention some of these things)

the tabs freeze, the cpu and ram use arent high 720@60, dont think i have that on. 100/100 internet. and you dont need to know lots of stuff to be a proud member. 

Watches and computers                    

5 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

the tabs freeze, the cpu and ram use arent high 720@60, dont think i have that on. 100/100 internet. and you dont need to know lots of stuff to be a proud member. 

Do you have a virus scanner running in the background?
Go to your task manager (assuming you use Windows) and just see what the RAM, CPU and HDD usage look like and what is using the most.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Do you have a virus scanner running in the background?
Go to your task manager (assuming you use Windows) and just see what the RAM, CPU and HDD usage look like and what is using the most.

its not running atm and its using the ram the most

Watches and computers