Monitor HDMI Issues

jeffreyd182

I'm having major issues with connecting my PC to my monitor via HDMI. Right now i'm connected with a VGA cord and a DVI adapter and everything looks perfect and there are no issues. I found a spare HDMI cord so I decided I wanted to connect my PC with that. When I did that, my screen had a massive amount of green pixels and the display would constantly shut on and off. Like every 2 seconds. Either that or it wouldn't turn on at all. I've tried 3 different HDMI cords, even a brand new one and still the issues persist. I've even tried connecting the HDMI via the on-board graphics and it still wouldn't work. My monitor is an HP 24uh and my GPU is a EVGA GTX 970 and my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5. Anyone know whats wrong? Not sure if its 3 faulty HDMI cables, a faulty monitor port, or i'm just missing a monitor/NVIDIA setting.

10 minutes ago, jeffreyd182 said:

I'm having major issues with connecting my PC to my monitor via HDMI. Right now i'm connected with a VGA cord and a DVI adapter and everything looks perfect and there are no issues. I found a spare HDMI cord so I decided I wanted to connect my PC with that. When I did that, my screen had a massive amount of green pixels and the display would constantly shut on and off. Like every 2 seconds. Either that or it wouldn't turn on at all. I've tried 3 different HDMI cords, even a brand new one and still the issues persist. I've even tried connecting the HDMI via the on-board graphics and it still wouldn't work. My monitor is an HP 24uh and my GPU is a EVGA GTX 970 and my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5. Anyone know whats wrong? Not sure if its 3 faulty HDMI cables, a faulty monitor port, or i'm just missing a monitor/NVIDIA setting.

If you want to try and use onboard graphics, you have to unhook your GPU from the motherboard. I remember that when I built my first PC I was an idiot and tried plugging the HDMI into the motherboard rather than the graphics card. If that doesn't work then it may be a monitor problem. If your monitor supports DisplayPort, try plugging it into that on the graphics card. Or you could take your PC and hook it to a different monitor via HDMI. If the picture is still bad when plugging into a different screen, then it may be a problem with your HDMI port.