MSI GTX 1070 Custom Edition

The_Stealthy_Shadow

So I've been browsing. I was busy and I almost forgot that the GTX 1070 was released yesterday. So I decided to get some info on any custom MSI edition cards for my uncle. I went on WCCFTech to see what they had to say about it.

Source for information

The custom boards displayed by NVIDIA partners will be available for sale after Computex. MSI, Inno3D, ZOTAC and GALAX have displayed new solutions based on their cooling designs which include the likes of HOF series. While we already covered most of the GeForce GTX 1080 custom cards, there are even more. Not to mention the custom GeForce GTX 1070 solutions which have also been displayed and are something that could sell like hot cakes after the card launches on 10th June. You can find more details of these custom cards.

Seems like a deal. We already know about the 1080s however. Here is the MSI version:

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X OC_2

MSI also showed off new GeForce GTX 1070 custom solutions which will be available after the June 10th launch of the reference card. The GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X and GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming will feature MSI’s latest Twin Frozr VI cooler which has been featured on the GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X too. The solution will feature a dual fan design and incorporate a sexy looking cooler shroud with integrated RGB lightning. MSI GeForce GTX 1070 will feature an 8+6 Pin power configuration. The price is unknown but it would be close to $400 US since it features a good custom design.

Cool, you know, I wondered what the clock speed is. The speed of a FE card is about 1.51 GHz respectively, so I guess this should be around 1.6-1.8 GHz. Anyways, I like the shroud (yes, I am aware that the shroud is still the same as the last generation cards) it is the work of good old MSI. My uncle likes red and black, so this is a neato design for him. I might get the Twin Frozr cooler for him. I wonder if you guys would get it.

Well, Shadow out!

RIP Arctica 2.0 (December 2015 - September 2016) You were the best freezing cold gaming/video editing/CAD PC I've ever built.

"Look deep into nature, and then you would understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

"Discontent is the first necessity of progress." - Thomas Edison

"No." - Linus Sebastian

Spoiler

Arctic Raider (Main Rig) - CPU: i5-6600K @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A | Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | Video Card: Asus GTX 1070 Dual Series | HDD: 2TB Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 | SSD: 512GB Sandisk X400 M.2-2280 | Case: Corsair Carbide 400C (White) | PSU: 750W EVGA SuperNOVA P2 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Cooler Master Octane | Mouse: pre-installed with keyboard | Headphones: Corsair Void 7.1 Channel | Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 1440p | Fans: 2x 140mm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition; 1x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition | Modding/Extras: BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 Black/White Sleeved Cables; Tingkam RGB LEDs (2 x30cm); Solid Base Elite Headphone Stand; Reflex Lab White-Stitched Mousepad

We have a great number of threads already about custom gtx models shown off at computex.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

12 hours ago, The_Stealthy_Shadow said:

So I've been browsing. I was busy and I almost forgot that the GTX 1070 was released yesterday. So I decided to get some info on any custom MSI edition cards for my uncle. I went on WCCFTech to see what they had to say about it.

Source for information

Seems like a deal. We already know about the 1080s however. Here is the MSI version:

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X OC_2

Cool, you know, I wondered what the clock speed is. The speed of a FE card is about 1.51 GHz respectively, so I guess this should be around 1.6-1.8 GHz. Anyways, I like the shroud (yes, I am aware that the shroud is still the same as the last generation cards) it is the work of good old MSI. My uncle likes red and black, so this is a neato design for him. I might get the Twin Frozr cooler for him. I wonder if you guys would get it.

Well, Shadow out!

And u are posting this in tech news 2 days after release because u are in US and u do t have stock in stores or is there any other reason ? 

Here u can see almost all the custom cards with specs and images, not a rumour based and known for Wccftech:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search?sSearch=gtx+1070

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

12 hours ago, Uzukami said:

Well I got my GTX 1070 Founders Edition today and it overclocks like a god imo.

image.jpeg

o.O is that 4428 for real?

- snip-

15 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

o.O is that 4428 for real?

Memory clock.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

3 minutes ago, Thony said:

Memory clock.

Yeah I realised right after posting. :(

Wait, my edit didnt register? Strange.

- snip-

20 hours ago, Uzukami said:

Well I got my GTX 1070 Founders Edition today and it overclocks like a god imo.

image.jpeg

Wait... is that +230/+420 at STOCK voltage!? Why does it show 0mV?

51 minutes ago, Cela1 said:

Wait... is that +230/+420 at STOCK voltage!? Why does it show 0mV?

He doesnt have voltage monitoring enabled in msi afterburner 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky