Wattage Help

TheReallgtfaded

I basically need help or a suggestion of how much power I would need

Ok so as of now im about to order a pc with a gtx 750 ti, amd fx 6300 but i plan on upgrading when the 1060 comes out and then getting a 8350 or higher

So what would be a good power supply to get so i wont have to upgrade that too later

im thinking 600-750 would be fine right?

Its kinda hard to buy stuff for a product that hasn't been announced yet, but since gpus are now becoming more power efficient. I would say that a 600 watt PSU would be fine for it, but don't quote me. 750 should be overkill

600 is plenty for a single gpu, 550 would also be fine just get a good quality one, the top three tiers in the list I have in my sig are good.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

Its kinda hard to buy stuff for a product that hasn't been announced yet, but since gpus are now becoming more power efficient. I would say that a 600 watt PSU would be fine for it, but don't quote me. 750 should be overkill

Thanks helps a lot :D

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

600 is plenty for a single gpu, 550 would also be fine just get a good quality one, the top three tiers in the list I have in my sig are good.

Thank you :D

Don't get the fx 6300, you will be disappointed

I built 3 6300 machines and with all of them, the processor is the bottleneck

Woo!

1 minute ago, Wiflare said:

Don't get the fx 6300, you will be disappointed

I built 3 6300 machines and with all of them, the processor is the bottleneck

Lol its fine as of now im just buying this then probably getting the 8350 or the 9530

Cooler master's V-series or a EVGA. 750 is almost overkill and 600 will be good. Just remember that the efficiency is quite important (gold, silver or bronze). Also I would recommend upgrading entirely to skylake instead of going with ''dying'' hardware technology. The intel equivalent out performs the AMD side when it comes to most things like gaming. Also we don't know for sure that there ever will be a ''1060''. AMD's polaris rX 480 will be what you're looking for.

1 minute ago, Loleo said:

Cooler master's V-series or a EVGA. 750 is almost overkill and 600 will be good. Just remember that the efficiency is quite important (gold, silver or bronze). Also I would recommend upgrading entirely to skylake instead of going with ''dying'' hardware technology. The intel equivalent out performs the AMD side when it comes to most things like gaming. Also we don't know for sure that there ever will be a ''1060''. AMD's polaris rX 480 will be what you're looking for.

Oh i thought the 1060 was confirmed? and i hope their not over rating that rx 480 but their making it seem like its powerful :o

700 Probably If you plan on upgrading.

GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 1070,  CPU: i5-6600k OC to 4.0 GHz,  PSU: Rosewill Capstone G750 750W,  Mobo: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming,  Case: NZXT H440 White,  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8),  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Mouse: Razer Ouroboros,  Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma, Mousepad: Razer Overwatch KB+M pad, Headset: Corsair Void RGB,  Monitor: 1x ASUS PB277Q 27" 1440p & 1x HP Pavilion 25cw 25-inch 1080p

5 minutes ago, Loleo said:

and what do you recommend for the skylake like the i3? or a g4500

2 minutes ago, TheReallgtfaded said:

Oh i thought the 1060 was confirmed? and i hope their not over rating that rx 480 but their making it seem like its powerful :o

Well the 480 is going to be powerful we don't know how much, yet. It's the latest technology and weather it's what you hoped for or not it still comes with good features as what AMD claims to be ''good'' VR experience. Also I strongly recommend not to get that processor. No fanboy here but that socket is going to die out. The processor itself is more than year old techology and it still uses ddr3 and etc. 

2 minutes ago, Loleo said:

Well the 480 is going to be powerful we don't know how much, yet. It's the latest technology and weather it's what you hoped for or not it still comes with good features as what AMD claims to be ''good'' VR experience. Also I strongly recommend not to get that processor. No fanboy here but that socket is going to die out. The processor itself is more than year old techology and it still uses ddr3 and etc. 

so basically i should get a cheaper 1151 processor so i can upgrade to a badass one later ;)

1 minute ago, TheReallgtfaded said:

and what do you recommend for the skylake like the i3? or a g4500

A 6600 (k if you want to overclock) would be the dream. otherwise a 6500 is also as good just with no k and less clock speeds. They both are pretty close cost wise to the 8350. But you also need a new motherboard and get a cheap one. and ddr4 memory.

2 minutes ago, TheReallgtfaded said:

so basically i should get a cheaper 1151 processor so i can upgrade to a badass one later ;)

Yeah like a g440 and some ddr4 memory and a h110 motherboard or somehting in those lines.

6 minutes ago, TheReallgtfaded said:

Yes, AM3+ still only has pci-e 2.0 as well.

Woo!

24 minutes ago, TheReallgtfaded said:

Lol its fine as of now im just buying this then probably getting the 8350 or the 9530

That won't solve the problem of shitty IPC on the FX series CPUs. Get an Intel i5.

15 minutes ago, Loleo said:

A 6600 (k if you want to overclock) would be the dream. otherwise a 6500 is also as good just with no k and less clock speeds. They both are pretty close cost wise to the 8350. But you also need a new motherboard and get a cheap one. and ddr4 memory.

Even an i5 6400 would be a significantly enormous upgrade.

35 minutes ago, TheReallgtfaded said:

I basically need help or a suggestion of how much power I would need

Ok so as of now im about to order a pc with a gtx 750 ti, amd fx 6300 but i plan on upgrading when the 1060 comes out and then getting a 8350 or higher

So what would be a good power supply to get so i wont have to upgrade that too later

im thinking 600-750 would be fine right?

750W could power about 11 750tis and one 8350. Absolutely overkill for that. For a 1060 you'll likely see a few versions of the card coming out with no external power needed, already happened to the GTX 950. A Seasonic S12 is totally fine for your needs.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||