Girl Help!

Welcome to the natural teenage life of me. I'm a skinny nerdy kid whos pretty bad at making conversation.

I really want to get into another relationship and this girl is 100% out of my league and I'm 110% introverted. We were friends like 2 years ago but kinda split ways when my friend group changed while dating someone else.

How should I go about this? 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

You can either force the situation and approach her directly and hope it works out (but based on your post it sounds like you don't have a lot of confidence in this method) or you can wait for the opportunity to present itself, maybe you run into her outside of school or get paired up with her in a class or something. Patience might be your best bet but then again if you don't take the initiative it might never happen or it might happen when it's too late. No matter what you do don't sweat however it turns out, I'm the only one of my group of friends that married their high school sweetheart and am still married after 9+ years, the rest of them that did got divorced within a year and the rest broke up after high school so the chances of you finding "the one" at your age are very slim so stay positive whatever the outcome is.

-KuJoe

16 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

You can either force the situation and approach her directly and hope it works out (but based on your post it sounds like you don't have a lot of confidence in this method) or you can wait for the opportunity to present itself, maybe you run into her outside of school or get paired up with her in a class or something. Patience might be your best bet but then again if you don't take the initiative it might never happen or it might happen when it's too late. No matter what you do don't sweat however it turns out, I'm the only one of my group of friends that married their high school sweetheart and am still married after 9+ years, the rest of them that did got divorced within a year and the rest broke up after high school so the chances of you finding "the one" at your age are very slim so stay positive whatever the outcome is.

Well im definitely on the side of directly going at it. I've always had the mentality that I am in high school and only 17, so really anything I do now is very permanent. Thanks for the reply :)

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

i have a good friend named Shia that has this say let me quote it for you "JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!" but seriously just talk to her, why does it matter if its been 2 years, i recently have been talking to a girl that i knew from 5 years ago and i've been fine talking to her, heck i even thought i was very introverted like you but i was wrong, nothing bad will happen if you talk to her

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

3 hours ago, Slottr said:

The same way you would approach any one of your friends. Just ask her if she wants to hang out, don't make it any more complicated on yourself.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

2 hours ago, themaniac said:

i have a good friend named Shia that has this say let me quote it for you "JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!" but seriously just talk to her, why does it matter if its been 2 years, i recently have been talking to a girl that i knew from 5 years ago and i've been fine talking to her, heck i even thought i was very introverted like you but i was wrong, nothing bad will happen if you talk to her

Haha, yeah guess nothing bad could happen aside from a no. Thanks 

Hi, we should catchup sometime. Can I buy you a cup of coffee ? 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

4 minutes ago, Gale said:

The same way you would approach any one of your friends. Just ask her if she wants to hang out, don't make it any more complicated on yourself.

I tend to overthink stuff, this entire thread is just me doing that xD thanks 

1 minute ago, NeoZeon said:

You literally just ripped what I was going to say out of my head. What kind of wizard are you?

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

You literally just ripped what I was going to say out of my head. What kind of wizard are you?

A lesson for all you lonely folk out there. Be direct. There really isn't any art in it. Just like you would be flattered getting asked out, so will she (or he). 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

As a girl myself, i realy find these kind of topics amusing. :D

2 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

As a girl myself, i realy find these kind of topics amusing. :D

I wouldnt doubt it haha

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I wouldnt doubt it haha

But yeah just ask if she likes to hang out some time.

You realy shouldnt make it any more difficult then that for your self realy.

5 hours ago, Slottr said:

Welcome to the natural teenage life of me. I'm a skinny nerdy kid whos pretty bad at making conversation.

I really want to get into another relationship and this girl is 100% out of my league and I'm 110% introverted. We were friends like 2 years ago but kinda split ways when my friend group changed while dating someone else.

You kill yourself by putting yourself down stop it, instead. Make simple complement. Say oh I really that necklace where you get it? . Or find something your both interested in say a tshirt with a band you like,, be honest and respectful. 

And some general advice take care of your self show some pride in what you do 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

18 hours ago, Slottr said:

this girl is 100% out of my league

That's the worst attitude you can have about it. She's not "out of your league", there is no such thing. You either love each other or you don't. If you love her, let her know in a non creepy manner and if she's into it she'll tell you so.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

22 hours ago, Slottr said:

only 17, so really anything I do now is very permanent. Thanks for the reply :)

Everything about your life right now is the least permanent it will ever be...

Just go for it. Rejection hurts, but it fades.

20 hours ago, NeoZeon said:

Hell yeah, I love coffee.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

5 hours ago, Gale said:

Hell yeah, I love coffee.

Any Canadian is down for Tims.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580