MIC Problem

FromWhitin

i just bought 2 msi hd7950's and an asus rog phoebus soundcard, i use an true 5.1 headset with jacks but whenever i play a game and talking on skype or any other program, the guy im talking with gets a very annoying buzzing sound, this only happen when the gpu's are very active.

you guys got any surgestions or solutions for me?

Thx!

can you try plugging the mic into the onboard audio?

i did but when i do that then I get static sounds when i move my mice ect, so that also is no option for me, the motherboard i use is an asrock z77 extreme4

Plug into rear IO, if problem persists, plug a different mic into rear IO, if this still happens, GG motherboard.

Honestly though, could just be an incompatibility between mic-soundcard, I would try using a different mic on the soundcard before doing the aforementioned.

alright since i got allot of suggestions(which is nice) i already tried, here is the stuff i done:

Trying other drivers (no results)

Trying mic on soundcard (friends hear weird buzzing sound)

tried on back i/o(i get buzzing and pithy sounds)

took 1 graphics card out and only used the lower one(fixed the mic thing, that's why i think its static interference with the graphics cards and the mic)

i didn't try other mic, but since i didn't had this problem before i got the graphics cards and soundcard i'm pretty sure its not the mic

i'm starting to think there is only 2 options, an usb desk mic(if something like this exist) or a better shielded motherboard so i can use the integrated mic jack

oh yeah one more thing i noticed, when i got the lights turned on, on my keyboard i get that high pithy sound i mentioned before

and the higher my fps, the louder the buzz gets for my friends at skype

here are the full specs:

Graphics card: MSI Twinfrozr 3 hd7950 x2 stock settings

Processor: i5 3570k @ 4.8ghz with h100i cooler

Motherboard: asrock z77 extreme4

RAM: GEiL Hardcore gaming ram 1333mhz @ 1600mhz

Storage: 256gb samsung 840 pro, 1tb seagate drive

PSU: Corsair cx750m

Case: corsair 600t 

Mouse: Cyborg r.a.t 5

Keyboard: corsair k70

Speakers: logitech z906 plugged into motherboard

Headset(which i use most of the time): Cooler master Sirus true 5.1 gaming headset

alright since i got allot of suggestions(which is nice) i already tried, here is the stuff i done:

Trying other drivers (no results)

Trying mic on soundcard (friends hear weird buzzing sound)

tried on back i/o(i get buzzing and pithy sounds)

took 1 graphics card out and only used the lower one(fixed the mic thing, that's why i think its static interference with the graphics cards and the mic)

i didn't try other mic, but since i didn't had this problem before i got the graphics cards and soundcard i'm pretty sure its not the mic

i'm starting to think there is only 2 options, an usb desk mic(if something like this exist) or a better shielded motherboard so i can use the integrated mic jack

oh yeah one more thing i noticed, when i got the lights turned on, on my keyboard i get that high pithy sound i mentioned before

and the higher my fps, the louder the buzz gets for my friends at skype

here are the full specs:

Graphics card: MSI Twinfrozr 3 hd7950 x2 stock settings

Processor: i5 3570k @ 4.8ghz with h100i cooler

Motherboard: asrock z77 extreme4

RAM: GEiL Hardcore gaming ram 1333mhz @ 1600mhz

Storage: 256gb samsung 840 pro, 1tb seagate drive

PSU: Corsair cx750m

Case: corsair 600t 

Mouse: Cyborg r.a.t 5

Keyboard: corsair k70

Speakers: logitech z906 plugged into motherboard

Headset(which i use most of the time): Cooler master Sirus true 5.1 gaming headset

I had the same problem with a Xonar DX, I solved it by just upgrading, went to a D2X, no problems. and I tried lots, check this post: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26453-asus-xonar-dx-and-phoebus-mic-problem-info/

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I had the same problem with a Xonar DX, I solved it by just upgrading, went to a D2X, no problems. and I tried lots, check this post: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26453-asus-xonar-dx-and-phoebus-mic-problem-info/

thx i will check this card out, i can return mine for rma and maybe change it for some other card, i think the usb option like someone mentioned before woun't work because then i get static noises, i saw ur post and video and i got the exact same thing!, i let you know if this will work.

sorry for another reply, just want to make sure this is the right one.

https://www.alternate.nl/ASUS/ASUS+Xonar_D2X-XDT,_geluidskaart/html/product/45558/?tk=7&lk=9517

is this the card u use now? which fixed you'r problem?

sorry for another reply, just want to make sure this is the right one.

https://www.alternate.nl/ASUS/ASUS+Xonar_D2X-XDT,_geluidskaart/html/product/45558/?tk=7&lk=9517

is this the card u use now? which fixed you'r problem?

yes, that is the card. 

yes, that is the card. 

thx, but i see 2 different pictures about it, one with an x16 slot and x1, which one is it?, x16 wount fit, i only have 2 pci-e 16x slots and use them both for my 2 hd 7950's

thx, but i see 2 different pictures about it, one with an x16 slot and x1, which one is it?, x16 wount fit, i only have 2 pci-e 16x slots and use them both for my 2 hd 7950's

The website has one misleading picture, the full-size slot is a PCI slot, not PCI-E. The older D2 uses a PCI slot. as long as it says D2X, it should be fine. 

The website has one misleading picture, the full-size slot is a PCI slot, not PCI-E. The older D2 uses a PCI slot. as long as it says D2X, it should be fine. 

ah yeah, i forgot about the normal pci slots, i think that will work out for me, i also got an mail back from the company, they told me i can return it for some other product so i get the dx2, ill let you guys know if my problem is fixed after this, thanks!