Starter Water Cooling Loop Suggestions

So like a lot of people, for my next rig to replace my current and old one, I am going to be building one that features a GTX 1070. I was thinking, instead of paying the premium for a EVGA FTW model, I could spend some more money and do a custom loop that can cool both my CPU and GPU while purchasing a MSRP priced card like the Msi Aero 8g. That being said, I am not sure what I absolutely need, and what would work. So I am asking you guys; For the part list below, what water cooling parts do I need and would work?

CPU: i5-6600k

GPU: GTX 1070 (One with a reference PCB)

Case: NZXT S340

(All the other parts are undecided, HOWEVER if you need to know a different component I am using, I can give you what I am looking at)

I am wanting what is relatively inexpensive and can give me good performance.

Thanks,

ConiferousJelly

Main Rig 1: Intel Core i5-6600k | Cooler Master Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler | Asus Z170-AR | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR4-2400 | Inland Professional 480GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB HDD | Zotac GeForce GTX 960 4GB | NZXT S340 White | Corsair CX 600W PSU | Windows 10 Pro | PCPartPicker Link |

Main Rig 2: Intel Core i7-6700k | CRYORIG H7 Air Cooler | EVGA Z170 FTW | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB SSD | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | NZXT S340 Elite Matte Black | Corsair RM 750x PSU | Windows 10 Pro | PCPartPicker Link |

Laptop: 2018 15" MacBook Pro | 2.6GHz 6 core i7 | Vega 20 GPU | Mac OS Catalina 

12 minutes ago, ConiferousJelly said:

I am wanting what is relatively inexpensive and can give me good performance

Probably better to get an AIO for your CPU (or nice air cooler), and a beefier GPU cooler. Unless you're doing some serious overclocking, you don't need a custom loop.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

1 minute ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Probably better to get an AIO for your CPU (or nice air cooler), and a beefier GPU cooler. Unless you're doing some serious overclocking, you don't need a custom loop.

Just wanna see what the cost would be and what I will all need, I wanna try something new since I have some flexibility with this build :D

Main Rig 1: Intel Core i5-6600k | Cooler Master Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler | Asus Z170-AR | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR4-2400 | Inland Professional 480GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB HDD | Zotac GeForce GTX 960 4GB | NZXT S340 White | Corsair CX 600W PSU | Windows 10 Pro | PCPartPicker Link |

Main Rig 2: Intel Core i7-6700k | CRYORIG H7 Air Cooler | EVGA Z170 FTW | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB SSD | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | NZXT S340 Elite Matte Black | Corsair RM 750x PSU | Windows 10 Pro | PCPartPicker Link |

4 minutes ago, ConiferousJelly said:

Just wanna see what the cost would be and what I will all need, I wanna try something new since I have some flexibility with this build :D

You will be looking at around $500USD starting price for a good quality watercooling loop you can get kits like theses to start off and add in a GPU block which do tend to be a bit more cost effective. 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-p360

4 minutes ago, ConiferousJelly said:

Well its usually around 300 USD for a custom CPU and GPU loop. But that's generally only used for looks and better OCing capability.

It's louder than most other cooling solutions and there's much more maintenance.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

58 minutes ago, W-L said:

You will be looking at around $500USD starting price for a good quality watercooling loop you can get kits like theses to start off and add in a GPU block which do tend to be a bit more cost effective. 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-p360

Since I am new to water cooling a GPU, couldn't I get the Predator 240 and add on the GPU water block with service refill and just connect it that way to make it easier?

Also, would that 1080 Water Block work with the 1070 or would I need to wait until EK came out with one for the 1070?

2 minutes ago, ConiferousJelly said:

Since I am new to water cooling a GPU, couldn't I get the Predator 240 and add on the GPU water block with service refill and just connect it that way to make it easier?

Also, would that 1080 Water Block work with the 1070 or would I need to wait until EK came out with one for the 1070?

You need to make sure your block is compatible with the specific card you get, so they are not interchangeable, there is a compatibility list of which cards work with which blocks. For the Predator unit those so come prefilled but you would basically be taking it apart at this point and refilling/topping off the fluid when adding in the block. They do have prefilled block with quick disconnects but I don't think they are out yet for the new cards. 

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-pre-filled-and-qdc-enabled-gpu-water-blocks-are-finally-here/

If you havent put this pc together yet, consider this.. I right now have a 6600k with a gtx 980.. had I not built a custom water loop, I could have got a 5820k with an AIO or nice air cooler, and a 980ti or a 1080...  I was hell bent on water cooling and I was ok with this, because It's plenty for what I need.  But if you have to sacrifice performance that you might need to afford water cooling components, it might not be what you want to do.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

8 hours ago, givegomezthegun said:

If you havent put this pc together yet, consider this.. I right now have a 6600k with a gtx 980.. had I not built a custom water loop, I could have got a 5820k with an AIO or nice air cooler, and a 980ti or a 1080...  I was hell bent on water cooling and I was ok with this, because It's plenty for what I need.  But if you have to sacrifice performance that you might need to afford water cooling components, it might not be what you want to do.

So here is my boat, I have a set budget that will allow me a 6600k, GTX 1070 Founders Edition with 7.65% sales tax (Around $485), and an NZXT S340 with all the other components. If I get an MSI Aero 8g, that will allow more money for the loop, and also using $75-100 allotted for a CPU cooler plus the extra money that isn't enough for an upgrade to any component I have extra I can afford a water loop. If I wouldn't be doing a loop like this, I would have to put the money towards the CPU cooler and the EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition so I could get the most performance out of that card because that is whats allotted in the budget. (Is this making sense or no lol, just let me know ill make it easier to read) 

8 hours ago, W-L said:

You need to make sure your block is compatible with the specific card you get, so they are not interchangeable, there is a compatibility list of which cards work with which blocks. For the Predator unit those so come prefilled but you would basically be taking it apart at this point and refilling/topping off the fluid when adding in the block. They do have prefilled block with quick disconnects but I don't think they are out yet for the new cards. 

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-pre-filled-and-qdc-enabled-gpu-water-blocks-are-finally-here/

It gives the option on the website to have the water block pre-filled for an extra fee, It would work but adding it all up its pretty expensive for the predator, water block, and the pre-filling of the water block so it works with the predator. 

Thanks!