MSI 390x Gaming 8G or Sapphire 390X Nitro

divad942

Hi,

Currently I'm building new rig.
Today Gtx 1070 came out and price is insane for my budget.
I'm deciding between these two card: 
Sapphire 390x currently 300€
or
MSI 390x currently 350€

As i read some reviews seems like Sapphire runs around 10 celsius cooler but MSI has afterburner and better program after all I think.

So what do you guys think. Should I buy one of those or maybe, wait for the AMD rx 480 ?

You can use MSI afterburner on all GPU venders, not just MSI.

I'd go with the Sapphire since it is is Sapphire, but it is probably worth waiting for the Rx 480.

You can use Afterburner with any card. MSI or otherwise. Sapphire will be best. However it might be wise to wait for the RX480.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

no need to ask :)Sapphire 390x currently 300€  is a way better deal the same gpu with a saving of 15 % :). and btw sapphire makes really good cards. i got the 390 from them and it runs great. i like the fact that the fan do not spin until. 45 degrees celsius or so :)

1 minute ago, divad942 said:

Hi,

Currently I'm building new rig.
Today Gtx 1070 came out and price is insane for my budget.
I'm deciding between these two card: 
Sapphire 390x currently 300€
or
MSI 390x currently 350€

As i read some reviews seems like Sapphire runs around 10 celsius cooler but MSI has afterburner and better program after all I think.

So what do you guys think. Should I buy one of those or maybe, wait for the AMD rx 480 ?

AMD said that the 480 would rival the 390x, which is double the price, so if I were you, I would try to wait and get the 480.  The 390x might be slightly better, but at such a big price difference it is ultimately up to you.

CPU - Intel I3-6100 Motherboard - MSI Z170-A PRO RAM G.SKILL NT Series 8gb 2400MZ DDR4 GPU - Power Color R9 380X Case - NZXT Source 220 Window Storage - 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU - Corsair CX500 OS - Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

You can use MSI afterburner on all GPU venders, not just MSI.

I'd go with the Sapphire since it is is Sapphire, but it is probably worth waiting for the Rx 480.

2 minutes ago, EarthboundHero said:

You can use Afterburner with any card. MSI or otherwise. Sapphire will be best. However it might be wise to wait for the RX480.

Can you still use afterburner to OC a non-MSI card?

1 minute ago, maremp said:

Can you still use afterburner to OC a non-MSI card?

Yes

Sapphire's Nitro cards probably run cooler due to 3 fans and the larger PCB. I would wait for the new ones though. Personally MSI and Sapphire are my two favourite GPU brands.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

Guy's thanks for your replays :) 
I didn't now that afterburner runs on other cards too and also I was thinking that MSI might be better than Sapphire. I did once own Sapphire HD 5870 and i didn't had any problems so I would go with sapphire.

But I don't now if it is worth waiting on rx 480. You can see that prices for NVIDIA is a lot higher than we expected or what they said it will be.
So I think rx 480 is not going to be less than 250€ or even 300€. And Sapphire 390x right now at 300€ I think it's a not bad deal. I can still sell it after 1y.

Edit: I'm telling prices for euope

20 minutes ago, divad942 said:

Guy's thanks for your replays :) 
I didn't now that afterburner runs on other cards too and also I was thinking that MSI might be better than Sapphire. I did once own Sapphire HD 5870 and i didn't had any problems so I would go with sapphire.

But I don't now if it is worth waiting on rx 480. You can see that prices for NVIDIA is a lot higher than we expected or what they said it will be.
So I think rx 480 is not going to be less than 250€ or even 300€. And Sapphire 390x right now at 300€ I think it's a not bad deal. I can still sell it after 1y.

Edit: I'm telling prices for euope

AMD is might keep the prices down, but it's ultimately up to you. The 390X is still a beastly card. Hell, my 390 can run most things Ultra 1080P 75+ FPS.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

On 10. 6. 2016 at 6:26 PM, EarthboundHero said:

AMD is might keep the prices down, but it's ultimately up to you. The 390X is still a beastly card. Hell, my 390 can run most things Ultra 1080P 75+ FPS.

I went with Sapphire 390x. I got it for 299€ and after all, probably in my country, I could sell it for 350€ because the prices are insane here. 
You can check it out HERE. The same card is 493€. I think this is not normal. 

I can play with this one and wait for rx 490 or 490x and then sell 390x.

4 minutes ago, divad942 said:

I went with Sapphire 390x. I got it for 299€ and after all, probably in my country, I could sell it for 350€ because the prices are insane here. 
You can check it out HERE. The same card is 493€. I think this is not normal. 

I can play with this one and wait for rx 490 or 490x and then sell 390x.

The 480 is supposed to have slightly better performance at $200~. There's something to throw in :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

The 480 is supposed to have slightly better performance at $200~. There's something to throw in :P

I don't think that 480 will outperform 390x. I think their performance will be same or 390x will be slightly better but that is just my opinion :):) 
And here in Europe I believe minimal price will go from 250€ and on 

1 minute ago, divad942 said:

I don't think that 480 will outperform 390x. I think their performance will be same or 390x will be slightly better but that is just my opinion :):) 
And here in Europe I believe minimal price will go from 250€ and on 

3DMark benches have leaked placing it between a 390X and a Fury. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

3DMark benches have leaked placing it between a 390X and a Fury. 

Aha ok :) Can you show me the link ?

8 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

We will see on 29th

That's one comment from the link you gave:
People at /r/amd also said that the Fury X was a Ti killer before its launch. Insisted so much on that aspect such that most people actually believed it. Look how well that panned out. 

And still rx 480 8GB is priced ad 250$, and in Europe it will be over 300€ and more...

7 hours ago, divad942 said:

We will see on 29th

That's one comment from the link you gave:
People at /r/amd also said that the Fury X was a Ti killer before its launch. Insisted so much on that aspect such that most people actually believed it. Look how well that panned out. 

And still rx 480 8GB is priced ad 250$, and in Europe it will be over 300€ and more...

$229~*

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats