Will the Asus sonic radar get you banned in overwatch or steam?

Xtreme Gamer

Will the Asus sonic radar get you banned in overwatch or steam? I ask because I installed the sonic studio supremefx software for my motherboard and found out that sonic radar installs alongside it. I don't want to get banned in overwatch since I just bought the game and love it to death. I don't want to get banned in steam either. So can anyone tell me if sonic radar is safe to leave on and keep disabled? Thanks for the help guys!!!!

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

ugh no i don't think so.

What does it actually do? Increase Sound coming from footsteps?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

If you don't go running your gob off then why would it be a problem? Moreover I seriously doubt that any process monitoring software would flag it at this point in time either.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

2 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

ugh no i don't think so.

What does it actually do? Increase Sound coming from footsteps?

No, it shows you a real-time directional circular chart of what direction sounds are coming from.

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

AFAIK there is no chance of being banned using this

that said, dunno if you will find it useful

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

3 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

AFAIK there is no chance of being banned using this

that said, dunno if you will find it useful

7 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

If you don't go running your gob off then why would it be a problem? Moreover I seriously doubt that any process monitoring software would flag it at this point in time either.

I dont want to use it since I want to get more skill with practice and not a visual aid not from the game. As long as I know that I won't be banned for having it on my pc, then I am fine. Can anyone else confirm?

2 minutes ago, Xtreme Gamer said:

I dont want to use it since I want to get more skill with practice and not a visual aid not from the game. As long as I know that I won't be banned for having it on my pc, then I am fine. Can anyone else confirm?

Ask ASUS for an official comment - twitter or facebook, then if something ever happens you can just use that as proof

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, Xtreme Gamer said:

I have used it, its not very useful. But it wont get you banned.

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.

1 minute ago, henkka_scorpio said:

I have used it, its not very useful. But it wont get you banned.

Where have you used it at?

1 minute ago, Xtreme Gamer said:

Where have you used it at?

several steam games such as CSGO, GTAV and r6 siege

step one - talk to her

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.

1 minute ago, henkka_scorpio said:

several steam games such as CSGO, GTAV and r6 siege

Have/can you tested in in overwatch if possible? I really need to be sure on both platforms.

7 hours ago, Xtreme Gamer said:

Have/can you tested in in overwatch if possible? I really need to be sure on both platforms.

No. I dont own overwatch. But basically there is no way you can get banned for using monitoring software. If they dont want people to use it they can just make it so it wont work in the game.

step one - talk to her

This "technology"sounds like a great cheat; however it just displays a hud taking up screen real-estate; that shows where sound is coming from approximately. It will most likely show all sounds; and will cause more confusion than anything; you also need to use your on board sound card; which may not match your audio setup. Also, over-watch will probably be to face paced to even look and comprehend the HUD. Some game developers/publishers, may be against using the tech; however it should be safe/hard to detect; as it is hardware level.