Upcoming build after all these releases! Need GPU advice

Zeinone

Hi guys,

I've been planing a build since about april and i didn't want to make it since there were so many thing coming up, so i was patient and now that a lot of thing are releasing I want to start making my build.

Here's the rough example:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Js6RBP
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Js6RBP/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($369.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($74.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.69 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Toshiba 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($64.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($61.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Asus VX24AH 24.0" 60Hz Monitor  ($277.96 @ B&H) 
Monitor: Asus VX24AH 24.0" 60Hz Monitor  ($277.96 @ B&H) 
Total: $1695.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-09 14:27 EDT-0400

Now what i am curious about is what GPU to go. I am also waiting for the RX 480 benchmarks but I'm not sure if that card will fit my build. I do modelling in AUTODESK/AUTOCAD, aswell in Blender and Zbrush and I'm a UE4 amateur developer so I need a good pc to get things going. I plan on overclocking the 5820k to about 4GHz, if it's stable on the dark rock pro 3, and i didn't select the 6800k because the performance increase is minimal and the price is 100$+ higher... so yeah.

Tell me what other things to change and what GPU to go for, looking forward to seeing your advice!

If you are looking for B4B then go for the RX 480. But if you have the pocket money get a good 1080 because they will offer higher performance then the 480

2 minutes ago, IskanderEXC said:

If you are looking for B4B then go for the RX 480. But if you have the pocket money get a good 1080 because they will offer higher performance then the 480

Yeah i know it offers better performance but since my tasks are more cpu that gpu intensive, will it make a change going for the 1070/1080?

1 minute ago, Zeinone said:

Yeah i know it offers better performance but since my tasks are more cpu that gpu intensive, will it make a change going for the 1070/1080?

Not really, from what I know those kinda tasks are not very well done with GPU acceleration so I would just got for the RX 480. If that doesn't work buy another one and crossfire it

1 minute ago, IskanderEXC said:

Not really, from what I know those kinda tasks are not very well done with GPU acceleration so I would just got for the RX 480. If that doesn't work buy another one and crossfire it

TBH that's a great idea, thank you!

Let's see what others think.