Gpu dying

Go to solution Solved by Kinda Bottlenecked,

Yea that might be a sign that its dying. I had 2 monitors and monitor number 2 would go black and re-appear again. Thought it was just a power socket issue so I did not bother whenever it happened. Sadly my 390x died a few weeks after. 

Hello, I have some problems trouble shooting my pc I don't have any pictures but I will try to explain everything, so when watching YouTube video, playing some games or just browsing Web my monitor turns off and goes back to normal state as before, but when I play gta v and go to settings I can see monitors someu pixels change color to pink, they show up in columns. 

seems like the monitor is failing actualy, id test it with a different monitor just to check

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

1 minute ago, 21rkosta said:

seems like the monitor is failing actualy, id test it with a different monitor just to check

Yeah I agree

I have Benq GL2450H, I sent monitor to the RMA and they changed main board of monitor, I had difrentt monitor but it was DVI-I not hdmi, I don't know is there any difference between hdmi port

Here is a pic of my playing, and also I forgot to tell I overclocked my monitor

20160609_095920.jpg

1 hour ago, Julius159 said:

Here is a pic of my playing, and also I forgot to tell I overclocked my monitor

20160609_095920.jpg

You can try to set all you overclocks to stock. If that works you can overclock one by one and then if it fails again you know what the problem is.

36 minutes ago, drag0nblood said:

You can try to set all you overclocks to stock. If that works you can overclock one by one and then if it fails again you know what the problem is.

I set i back to 60hz instead of 75hz same thing 

4 minutes ago, Julius159 said:

I set i back to 60hz instead of 75hz same thing 

But is you GPU and or CPU overclocked?

Don't forget to check all cables (Swapping DVI/HDMI/DP cables for other ones)

You'd be surprised...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just now, drag0nblood said:

But is you GPU and or CPU overclocked?

Both are overclockerd, but I dont think that CPU overclock is a factor here 

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Don't forget to check all cables (Swapping DVI/HDMI/DP cables for other ones)

You'd be surprised...

I have 2 hdmi cables same thing maybe I should get DVI cable over hdmi?

2 minutes ago, Julius159 said:

Both are overclockerd, but I dont think that CPU overclock is a factor here 

Try to reset you GPU to stock that may be the problem.

Just now, Julius159 said:

I have 2 hdmi cables some thing maybe I should get DVI cable over hdmi?

If it happens with multiple different cable types, it's likely NOT the cables, but its something to rule out.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yea that might be a sign that its dying. I had 2 monitors and monitor number 2 would go black and re-appear again. Thought it was just a power socket issue so I did not bother whenever it happened. Sadly my 390x died a few weeks after. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I would try resetting everything to stock settings (no overclocks) and try different monitor with your PC, different GPU with your current monitor, and different cable with all of them. But remember going back to my 6th grade science class, only change one variable at a time.

I've seen this happen to video cards that weren't seated properly before. It's at least worth removing and placing the video card back in to ensure it's in properly.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

6 hours ago, Carclis said:

I've seen this happen to video cards that weren't seated properly before. It's at least worth removing and placing the video card back in to ensure it's in properly.

I had taken apart my pc 2 weeks ago gpu is locked in pci connector, I think I will RMA card ad thats all, thank you all for helping