Now a good time to buy a 1440p G-Sync Monitor?

So I am so very close to pulling the trigger on a 1440p G-Sync monitor. It would be awesome to get an ultrawide but I think that's a bit ways off. So is 4K at the moment for me. 

Right now I'm using a Samsung SyncMaster P2770HD  1080p 60Hz 32" TV. It's good for console gaming but I cannot wait for the day that I don't have to keep VSync enabled on PC and I mainly game on PC these days anyways. 

I'm stuck though. Buy the monitor now or wait till near the end of the year for sales. Are there good sales on top tier monitors or do they usually keep the $600-$850 value/price?

I am also unsure if I should buy it now or wait till I build a new rig sometime next year with an i7 and GTX 1080(or Ti), etc.. With Pascal should we expect some update to the g-sync technology or is it going to stay how it is for a while still?  Monitors have been getting superb the past few years but it seems they are slowing down a bit. If I buy now then that will prolong when I will be able to build my new rig and there may be something better by that point as well. At the same time it's getting harder and harder to hold off on a 1440p G-Sync. 

My current rig won't like it very much though:  i5 2500K, 8GB RAM, GTX 780, Samsung EVO 480 SSD and I don't want to incrementally upgrade anymore.  I will have more frame dips playing on 1440p than what I currently have on 1080p but the G-sync will help with that and I won't have to worry about capping the frame rate with v-sync on Overwatch or whatever else. 

So I need some advice on what one or two good G-Sync monitors there are(I know ASUS ROG is pretty solid), and if I should hold back till end of year sales or closer to when I build my Pascal rig next year, or if it's pretty safe to purchase now.   What do you think?

Thanks for you input!

--Desktop--                                                                 

Vanya                                                              

MSI B550M Pro-VDH WIFI

AMD Ryzen 5600X

Radeon RX 6600TX

G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4 3600Mhz  16 x 2

Yeah that be the way to go.. Hard decision. 

--Desktop--                                                                 

Vanya                                                              

MSI B550M Pro-VDH WIFI

AMD Ryzen 5600X

Radeon RX 6600TX

G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4 3600Mhz  16 x 2