Monitor vs 1070 first

I currently have a 390. I have wanted to switch to green team for a long time now. My last card was a 270x. I am wanting to sell my 390 for a 1070. But I am also wanting to upgrade my monitor to the BenQ XL2411Z. I plan on selling my 390 to get the 1070. I am wanting to save up for the monitor first. But I am afraid that my 390 will drop too much in value for me to sell it and get the 1070. Should I get the 1070 now? or should I expect to be able to sell the 390 for what I can now and get the monitor. Sorry for the confusing post. This is as clear as I can parse it. :P 

sell the 390 to get decent money for it and wait for the monitor 

2 minutes ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

I currently have a 390. I have wanted to switch to green team for a long time now. My last card was a 270x. I am wanting to sell my 390 for a 1070. But I am also wanting to upgrade my monitor to the BenQ XL2411Z. I plan on selling my 390 to get the 1070. I am wanting to save up for the monitor first. But I am afraid that my 390 will drop too much in value for me to sell it and get the 1070. Should I get the 1070 now? or should I expect to be able to sell the 390 for what I can now and get the monitor. Sorry for the confusing post. This is as clear as I can parse it. :P 

Honestly, upgrade your display first.

While I wouldn't personally buy that monitor (I value 1440 IPS over 1080 144hz), your 390 is still very capable, and can hold it's own. On the other hand, a 1070 would be a waste if you don't already have a good monitor.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Sell R9 390 while you can.

RX 480 will have similar performance at lower temps, less power consumption and at around 200-250$ price.

Sell that R9 390, buy GTX 1070 when it comes out, and later upgrade your monitor.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

Honestly, upgrade your display first.

While I wouldn't personally buy that monitor (I value 1440 IPS over 1080 144hz), your 390 is still very capable, and can hold it's own. On the other hand, a 1070 would be a waste if you don't already have a good monitor.

I really want to get 144hz because of the games that I play. (counterstrike and overwatch) I know my 390 is capable. But should I worry that I would not be able to get the 1070 because of the drop in value of the 390 if I wait?

Well considering store stocks of the GTX 1070 is expected to sell out almost immediately like it does with every new GPU release if you sell you GPU now you could be left waiting a while until your lucky enough to catch them in stock.

1 minute ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

I really want to get 144hz because of the games that I play. (counterstrike and overwatch) I know my 390 is capable. But should I worry that I would not be able to get the 1070 because of the drop in value of the 390 if I wait?

Honestly, anyone that buys a 390 now is dumb; I wouldn't expect you to be able to sell it in the near future. At the very least not before the RX 480 numbers are out, and once they show up, they'll dictate how much your 390 is worth.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

4 minutes ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

As I said, your R9 390 will be worth like 150$ after 1-2 months.

Not sure for how much you can sell it right now in your country, but I sold mine for 270€.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

24 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Honestly, anyone that buys a 390 now is dumb; I wouldn't expect you to be able to sell it in the near future. At the very least not before the RX 480 numbers are out, and once they show up, they'll dictate how much your 390 is worth.

Its a game of risk vs reward. You could sell now and make more money back on the r9 390 but you have no idea of the real world performance of the RX480. Which you could strike out and could have been better off with the 390 unlikely but still possible. You could play it safe and wait for RX480 reviews but you run into the problem of not getting as much back if you sell it. I to am conflicted.

Get a 144hz gsync monitor first 

then ur committed to the change to the green team to take full advantage of ur monitor which will make u get he 1070 :P

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

1 hour ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Get a 144hz gsync monitor first 

then ur committed to the change to the green team to take full advantage of ur monitor which will make u get he 1070 :P

Are there any good 144hz gsync monitors at the 270$ ish price point?